PDA

View Full Version : Spider TAnk done

SHEPEIRO
10-25-2005, 12:49 PM
this is a tank idesigned ages ago, kind of inspired by a few of the military Patlabors, but with a little Ghibli style added on.

its 8000 polys with 5X 512* maps, wicth could be better but as i said it was done a while ago.

the idea was that it would be a lage vehicla for a first person shooter which would be contolled in the same way as normal play, so it had to be able to turn on the spot and travel in all directions, so you get the spherical magnetic wheels at the end of each wheel.

C&C welcome

SammyB
10-26-2005, 03:06 AM
Its a cool design, but the texture doesn't do it justice at all. However as you said, it was a while ago and im sure you know that anyway.

PermaGrin
10-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Flippin sweet. Love the concept. I would make the texture have more contrast, but that is just a personal preference. Got any animations of it deploying?

SHEPEIRO
10-26-2005, 01:35 PM
got a little anim of it firing, it aint that good though, and i havnt figured out a way of animating the spherical wheels in a way that looks vaguely real.

about the textures, think i might give them another go at some point. i reakon i could make it look better for less space, and will stick it all together on a 1024* map.

Stinkfoot
10-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Ah cool I see what you mean Shepeiro.

heheh there are a lot of idea's in there That I had for my tank, the Painted mouth (I have no room to fit that one on mine)
Also the spherical wheels where a thought for me as well. but I went with pointy tracks because that would fit a little better with my model.

I love the onorthodox design of the whole thing..
I know what you mean about the textures.. mine will probably feature a "ow crap it needs to be done for school so I can get a grade but it doesn't look that great" texture at first.

But I wanna make a better one for myself.

I think the texture work on your model is pretty good.. I personally suck at photoshop so that's gonna be fun
:hmm:

still the design is awesome.

SHEPEIRO
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
yeah ive sucked at ps for along time too, then i got a Tablet and wow it made alot of diffence, not just cos its a better tool, but it makes pixel pushing fun and instictive, get one if you havent already.

Stinkfoot
10-26-2005, 02:26 PM
jeah I have an A4 trust puppy sitting here in front of me.
I haven't been able to fiddel with it due to lack of time, but the inital photshop impressions are indeed very positive with it

PermaGrin
10-26-2005, 04:03 PM
For the wheels, I would look at the car that the main character drives in the movie I-Robot.

smurfbizkit2
10-26-2005, 08:32 PM
I have to echo what the others have posted. The design is great! the texture however...

I'd suggest you go in, add some more detail and dirty it up a bit since right now it just looks kinda plain, almost toy-like.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2005, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.