PDA

View Full Version : IBL PROBLEM!!!Please help!!

Stucky
10-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi guys. I really need help on this. I have an IBL setup on my scene, and I want to put a sphere inside, or outside the IBL sphere, doesnt matter. This sphere doest cast shadows, FG, it wont interfire in lightning, anything, it is only to put an image for the background. The problem is that either I put this sphere outside or inside the IBL sphere, it doesnt let the light(from IBL) iluminate the scene and makes the cene almost all black. What I want to know is, if there is a way the light can pass through the sphere, iluminate the scene and I still have that image for the background I wanted. If you find this explanation very complicated, I'll explain it better, but I'm really desperate here...

-S

MasonDoran
10-25-2005, 09:52 AM
try reversing the normals, and make sure it is not doublesided

Stucky
10-25-2005, 09:59 AM
it doesnt work dude. So many thank for the help though...

-S

MasonDoran
10-25-2005, 10:04 AM
normally the IBL is the image used for the background..

MasonDoran
10-25-2005, 10:06 AM
hmmm....i suspect your setup is faulty, becuase i just got it to work

I have an ramp attached to the IBL

I have a sphere surrounding the scene, including camera but within the IBL...this has all normals pointing inwards

The sphere has a checker texture on it.

when u assign the texture to the sphere, make sure u use a surface shader so that it doesnt shadow itself and appear black

---and i see the lighting from the ramp on the IBL...but also see the checker in the background

Stucky
10-25-2005, 10:06 AM
sure dude. but supose I want to use another...
I'm not using an image plane, cause thats not what I want too...

Stucky
10-25-2005, 10:13 AM
hummm..gonna try that!!!

MasonDoran
10-25-2005, 10:14 AM
yeah thats probabli it....your sphere is recieving diffuse shading and is casting shadow upon itself....so it renders black. Try using a surface shader so that it wont recieve any light information

Stucky
10-25-2005, 10:22 AM
can you send the scene over? I can't get there..thanks dude...

MasonDoran
10-25-2005, 10:32 AM
here u go...it is in Maya 7 format

Stucky
10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Ok dude..this is really it..thanks a lot...

-S

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.