PDA

View Full Version : Switch Mental Ray renders basic shading render to a custom shading render ?

smoluck
10-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi Everyone.

I'm currently searchin a way to aplly to the whole scene a custom shader ( like an AmbientOclusion White lambert to fine tune my lighting setup, and do some Lightmap Baking, but Without lost my current shading connection between the current polyobject and the material.

There is way to Override all the scene and bypass all current object material and replace all by just one that I choose ?
The Render Settings of mental ray can help me ?
I know that there is an easy way to switch betwenn "normal shading" and "custom shading" ! but where ?

As an exemple.. you just want to launch a render with all basic material active.. and launch an another render with just a White Lambert ( to control shadow shading on the render view ), or other things..

AndreasMartin
10-25-2005, 12:04 PM
take a look at the render layers of maya 7.

smoluck
10-25-2005, 02:19 PM
OK I 've done some test and it works perfectly... thanks.. I forget the Render layers solution :thumbsup:

smoluck
10-25-2005, 04:27 PM
when my Render layer "AOandShadow" is active, I use the overrides function to assigne to the whole object in that layer, a white Lambert with RayDiffuse shader connected to Color input of the lambert. Now I want to use that render layer to bake that shading result to a texture. But Maya seems to understand that there is 2 shading group connected to the object that I want to bake.

What can I do with that type of problem ? I really need to use a function who can give me the possibility to override all the shading by an ambient occlusion shader and bake everything I want in that scene , without destroyed all the basic shading material node connection !

LehaS
11-16-2005, 07:08 AM
Well ....late answer....i was just surfing through threads and found this one....better later than never...

One of the workarounds could be refferencing you scene into the fresh one. There you just apply your AO shader to everything and have a separate AO pass:p

smoluck
11-16-2005, 02:10 PM
yes you've right .. at this time I'm using that tisp to bypass my problem. ;-)

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2005, 02:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.