PDA

View Full Version : Sketchup & C4D

craig.t
10-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi All,
I invested in Cinema 4D a couple of weeks ago have not really touched it since then. This is the first test image I have produced from it. The model was exported straight out of SU into C4D. Added a sky and a couple of lights and there you go. No where near the finished article yet but not bad for a beginner. Setup time in C4D 10 minutes once I worked out how to add lights and a sky, render time about 7-8minutes. I know the textures need tweaking but Please be gentle.
I don't suppose anyone would be generous enough to post a typical example of an exterior lighting setup would they. Many thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer me. I have got the basic C4d R 9.5 software with advanced render 2.5.

Regards

Craig

Primitiv
10-25-2005, 12:15 AM
This is pretty good for a first try. The car is the most problematic. I have a series of lighting set-ups from a book on lighting. They were included in the included CD. Several of these set-ups are light areas i.e. 6 or 8 lights in a diamond shape to represent the sun more accurately. I do not think it would be a problem to give them to you. Just send me your address at yves@nycap.rr.com

flingster
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
adamt uses sketch up.

btw.. if you want interior resources... trawl through all the vray vs versus type threads.. or radiosity and c4d maxwell render threads there are loads of examples of settings and files to experiment with... wealth of info but something you may have missed.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.