PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf, first game model..

Xform
10-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi! this is my first try at a game model, me and a couple of friends are making a game (engine included). Because the engine isnt finished yet we dont know how many polys it can handle... The model is 1098 tris, Im not very pleased with the shape but I have already unwraped it and on a texture...

Sille
10-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Looks good so far Xform. I don't have much experience with rigging and animating models but should the arms be turned down at the angle they're at? From looking at the other posts here it seems like the arms tend to not rotate forward. Looks somewhat unnatural to me. Good luck with your game and keep up the good work.

Having a second look at your image I see some areas where you could benefit from turning some edges.

Xform
10-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Thank you very much for replying.

I agree that I could have turned a few faces but I just got caught up in the moment and started unwraping him so I could start making a texture... As for the arms I was thinking a sortof hunchback pose, with his arms by his sides and bent a little, hard to explain...

Sille
10-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I can see what you were trying to accomplish with the current pose it just looked a little odd seeing his upper body rotated forward like that. It's a little ironic that I commented on that because I am working on a character who is leaning backwards in its relaxed pose :shrug: Got any updates?

Xform
10-23-2005, 09:50 PM
I guess you can see my crappy texture work, Im really unpleased with the eye, cant get it right :(

Sille
10-23-2005, 10:38 PM
From your texture tests you might want to move the eye down slightly and to the side of the head some and make it more narrow with a brow. I suck with textures so I can't offer any real suggestions on how to go about doing that.

Air.Borne
10-24-2005, 06:16 PM
How about smoothing your normals so we can see the topology better?

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2005, 06:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.