PDA

View Full Version : Particle Attributes

Bernard397
10-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Hello,

In some Maya scene files you see under the particleShape1 tab > Render Attributes > Type:

MutiStreak, and then Color Red, Color Green, Color Blue , plus the the rest of the attributes(LineWidth, MultiCount, and so on...)

My question: How can you create the attributes Color Green, Color Red,...?

If I create a particle emitter, I only get the conventional attributes: LineWidth, MultiCount,...)

Many thanks,

bernard

ctp
10-22-2005, 10:48 PM
you go to the "Add Dynamic Attributes" section and click the button "Color"
... might wanna try the "Add Per Object Attribute" for starters.

TheGhostDragon
10-22-2005, 11:35 PM
I learned it today ;)

like ctp says

go to the "Add Dynamic Attributes" section and click "Color"

a windows will pop up there check "Add per particle attribute" .. and if you dont see the rbgPP in the "per particle (array) attributes" section ... at the botom you will see Load Attributes button... click there and it will refresh the menus ...

when you see the rgbPP in the "per particles (Array) attributes" section

right click rgbPP and create ramp...
you will see it will fill this text "<- arrayMapper1.outColorPP" in there

right click again under the "<- arrayMapper1.outColorPP" section "edit ramp"

in the ramp attributes section you will see some colors there ...

for example if you have 3 different colors the bottom color will be the color at birth of the particle ... the color in middle will be the color of particle somewhere in its lifespan... and the top color will be the color just before the particles die ...

Else then that you can try writing expressions as well for color ...
I started studying particles last night but i did really learn a lot in a day

you might wanna check gnomon experssions 1-2 and the dynamics DVDs ... they go in great detail (havent finished the dynamics 1 but almost there ;) )... but if you are a beginner like me ... you might wanna try the Dynamics DVD of digital tutors ... thats pretty good too ... gnomon has his materials in depth ... digital tutors talks little of everything in a very short amount of time ;)

good luck

CGTalk Moderation
10-22-2005, 11:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.