PDA

View Full Version : my first real humanesque model!! woohoo!

Tanketh
02-26-2002, 03:05 AM
Hey people!!

I'm new here, and this is my first proper post. I've just been learning some 3D finally, as in proper modelling and sub-d, and here is my first ever humanesque type thing. I know it's not up to the standards of you lot, but I figured it's alright for a first go..??

I've been told the hands are nice :D

he's not textured yet or anything, cos I've been learning many areas at once, so I learned how to model him, and then rig him to animate - dont think I can show you the animatation cos it's too big to attach (i'm not sure, like I said it's my first real post - it's 577k). He's a gay/very camp demon anyway.

This'll show you the development of him, or I work this thread thingy right...
just wondering what you all thought, although as I said I know it ain't up to your standards yet, and it isn't textured...

Tanketh
02-26-2002, 03:06 AM
backside :eek:

Tanketh
02-26-2002, 03:07 AM
bit of early body

Tanketh
02-26-2002, 03:08 AM
bit more... :)

Tanketh
02-26-2002, 03:10 AM
now a bobble on his neck

Tanketh
02-26-2002, 03:11 AM
and a closer look :rolleyes:

Tanketh
02-26-2002, 03:14 AM
i know forums use a ranking system thing for the amount of posts you ave made, but what the hell is a Padawan???

Anyway, thanks for your responses, if there are any later... :p

proton
02-26-2002, 03:55 AM
Cool...It's Darkness from Legend...Great Movie....Good Model! can't wait to see more

Tanketh
02-27-2002, 04:07 AM
hey thanks man.
yeah the head is based off the dude in legend, cos a pic of that was used as reference. i've not actually seen the film so i dunno what his body is like... i just made this one up :p

jiggy
02-27-2002, 04:37 AM
wow, hes horny

thewheels
02-27-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Tanketh
i know forums use a ranking system thing for the amount of posts you ave made, but what the hell is a Padawan???

Anyway, thanks for your responses, if there are any later... :p

Padawan is a student on the Jedi Order. Is an one-step before the Jedi Knight

"You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you... me... the tree... the rock... everywhere!"
Master Yoda

Viper
02-27-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by thewheels

Padawan is a student on the Jedi Order. Is an one-step before the Jedi Knight

"You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you... me... the tree... the rock... everywhere!"
Master Yoda

Yo! Where do yo live in Brazil? I live in Rio!!

Tanketh: Good work! Can't wait to see it textured :)

thewheels
02-27-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Viper

Yo! Where do yo live in Brazil? I live in Rio!!

Angra dos Reis

Tanketh
02-28-2002, 05:28 AM
thanks. hmm to be honest im not too sure what to do textures wise... i think i know it from a technical point, but not sure what to actually create!

ahh a padawan... right thanks. i guess i'm one of them then.

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 05:55 AM
Hi yah padawans,

I was once a padaman to, not so long ago I found to control the force inside me AND LOOK! I'm jedi!

Mommy,mommy,mommy! Look at my avatar! I'M a jedi.
Now where the hell is my Lasersword? Vader, buddy, ..., can I use yours?

.............:p

Like it! But ...... (aha, some critique!)
The back of the knee (don't know what it's called in eng (sorry) is much too .... hmmm ... (hw is it called again) ... not-smooth-enough!

The rest rocks!

Tanketh
02-28-2002, 06:05 AM
hey!

not sure i quite understand about the back of the knee... not smooth enough? if you find another way to explain..!

oh i found another pic i did, and forgot i'd rendered. I know his chin is bent here - i've sorted it now - his bones in his chest were influencing the chin as well! oops! Ah well, you learn the hard way! :D

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 06:17 AM
Sorry can't find a way to exlpain it better, but a picture should do the trick.

Also, put some more detail in the legs in general.

Ganna-B-Nice,
Me Wanna-C the final result!

Tanketh
02-28-2002, 06:23 AM
ah right! good explanation! well i was also thinking about putting in some more etail, if i can, but i keep forgetting the legs are supposed to be furry anyway. just need to figure out shag-hair or whatever now.

but thanks for the crit - i do appreciate it. By the way, i like your style on your thread too ;)

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 06:33 AM
Thnx,

What program do u use if-I-may-ask?

Tanketh
02-28-2002, 06:42 AM
course you can ask!
it's 3d studio max 4.26.

i was taught soft & xsi at uni - well they tried to teach it but failed miserably, so we could hardly do anything. now im trying to rectify the situation, learning 3d studio at work experience and at home.

anyway, i have to go to bed now, cos i have to get up in a bit over 4 hours for work experience :D

see ya
Dom

Tanketh
03-12-2002, 02:34 AM
hey guys (and gals)..
well ive been real busy so havent been able to do a whole lot.

finally got some fur on the legs here, but i need to figure out ow to make it blend out near his waist.. :wip:

Tanketh
03-12-2002, 02:36 AM
also playing with a couple of toon shading... hehehee has to be done! :D

Tanketh
03-12-2002, 02:39 AM
oooooooh look I'm a jedi now as well!! :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.