PDA

View Full Version : Harry Porter GOF: A Scene and a New TV spot

RobertoOrtiz
10-22-2005, 08:09 PM
The scene
http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/video/fullstory2.html?=potterclip

Tv Spot

Super High (http://pdl.warnerbros.com/harrypotter/uk/med/trailer/hp4_gof_tlrf4rev_qt_500.mov)

High (http://pdl.warnerbros.com/harrypotter/uk/med/trailer/hp4_gof_tlrf4rev_qt_300.mov)

Medium (http://pdl.warnerbros.com/harrypotter/uk/med/trailer/hp4_gof_tlrf4rev_qt_100.mov)

Low (http://pdl.warnerbros.com/harrypotter/uk/med/trailer/hp4_gof_tlrf4rev_qt_56.mov)

-R

mangolass
10-22-2005, 08:13 PM
As they say ~ they've got my $9 already!

LT

Neil
10-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Hmm.. I didn't read the books so maybe I can't really hold an opinion on the matter, but I don't really get why there are TV screens and stuff now at the tournaments. I liked the fantasy aspect of it the first time around, now it seems too be leaning too much toward reality.
I know, i know, there are still dragons and magic and those aren't real...

rblitz7
10-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Damn so much harry potter previews! I almost dont want to watch cause ive already seen so much

KOKE
10-23-2005, 02:49 AM
I cant hardly wait to see this film :bounce:.

About showing some technology, its ok for me as long as it doesnt take over the fantasy world they created.
VFX in Harry Potter films are always great, and (character/creature/enviroment) designs are so well thought and tasteful...

looks great !!.

JK.

guereja_1
10-23-2005, 03:43 AM
I hate how they portrayed Moody in the previews.. It seemed a little too corny to me. But the transfiguration part was alright. i'm really looking forward to this movie as well. Just because i'm a hp fan, i've read all the books, so i'll bang my head if it's a flop. :banghead: I can just imagine all the cg that's involved. The whole quidditch and the triwizard tournament looked pretty good to me on the trailer... =)

Muad'Dib42
10-23-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't really get why there are TV screens and stuff now at the tournaments. I liked the fantasy aspect of it the first time around, now it seems too be leaning too much toward reality.

Well, I might as well just be wearing my Harry Potter nerdiness right on my sleeve with this one, but:

I figure it's like how sometimes you'll see in movies or commercials where everyone in a stadium will hold a large card over their head, and each card is a small segment of a much larger picture? Well... Now those pictures move! Just like the wanted poster for Sirius.

That's at least what I thought it was...

rblitz7
10-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Well, I might as well just be wearing my Harry Potter nerdiness right on my sleeve with this one, but:

I figure it's like how sometimes you'll see in movies or commercials where everyone in a stadium will hold a large card over their head, and each card is a small segment of a much larger picture? Well... Now those pictures move! Just like the wanted poster for Sirius.

I agree and I think its awesome how they did it!

jeremybirn
10-23-2005, 07:01 PM

Yeah, it looked like something like that. HP films have a clearly defined world and this one looks like another story in the same world. They're always lots of fun, too, these are some of the films I always go see in the theater.

-jeremy

JeffPalmer
10-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Im just worried about the pacing of it, there is a whole lot to be covered in this book. Im sure it will play fine, and thankfully i have read the book so even if they do miss out on some parts i will know what has happened.

cgtalkiest
10-23-2005, 10:09 PM
wow man!! what the hell?!!! something weird is happening to me, i reeeeeeeaaally wana see this... it may be soemthing to do with the fact htat iv been testing the game for the last 5 weeks or so at EA, but im really taking a liking to the harry potter world....

i actually realy enjoyed watching the scene with moody, and was cheering along in my mind like, 'yea!, cmon moody kick his ass!' ..... i think were all going to watch it during work hours when its released. should be a fun day...

leigh
10-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Cool scene! :bounce:

Regarding the TV screens... well, considering that their newspapers have moving pictures too, perhaps this is some kind of magic as well?

cJaynes
10-24-2005, 04:21 AM
They had me with that last trailor... i still can't get over that one.

Will November 18 ever come?

cgtalkiest
10-27-2005, 06:55 AM
Cool scene! :bounce:

Regarding the TV screens... well, considering that their newspapers have moving pictures too, perhaps this is some kind of magic as well?

oh the powers of deduction are strong with u! seems like a bit of an easy cop out though.. they could use that excuse for everything... it was magic! magic i say!! WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!!!

xsitar
10-27-2005, 09:20 AM
hey roberto. it's not "porter" as in your title, it's "potter".

nickepstein
10-27-2005, 12:23 PM
seeing it sunday - cant wait, first time seeing my work on the screen (although ive kinda got used to it with all the trailers for this one!)

reviews of preview screenings are all positive so fingers crossed.

PhilWesson
10-27-2005, 02:19 PM
10 points to griffyndor for R. Ortiz posting this link.

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2005, 02:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.