PDA

View Full Version : any way to instantly have an object fit to screen? (ie zoom to fit?)

Layer01
10-22-2005, 11:37 AM
sometimes when my wacom goes whacky in messiah, it zooms in or out a massive amount and i loose my objects (i can no longer see them on screen). most of the time i have no idea where i am (in 3d space) and so dont know if i should be zooming in or out more.

is there a way i can auto fit the objects in my scene to the viewport? like XSI's Shift + a, or max's zoom selected?
so i could select an object in the item list and then have it fit to screen, thus fixing my problem :)

Geco
10-22-2005, 01:11 PM
hello Layer 01 :)
in the active viewport hit a to center the current item.
you can also use the Center view to current object button in the right upper corner of the viewport.
afaik there is not a fit to viewport command. :sad:
please someone prove me i'm wrong.

Layer01
10-22-2005, 03:08 PM
yeah i've tried the "a" key. my extreme zoom (glitch?) knocks out everything, i dont even see the edit sphere on screen, so centering the object, sadly doesnt help much.
Note:
i can still see every other view normally btw.

i guess till i find a proper solution i'll just save the view in perspective so if it goes crazy i can just revert back to the saved view.

Geco
10-22-2005, 03:50 PM
i hope that pmG will add this feature soon.
btw any news about a new release?

Layer01
10-22-2005, 04:01 PM
yes and while they're at it, if they could fix the flickering drop down menus and right click menus. and maybe add some decent wacom support...and...and...lol
getting over excited ;) i'm sure the next update will be awesome :thumbsup:

Labuzz
10-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Some basics STANDARD ( see the major softwares...) navigaton tools and gyzmo would be really welcome...

shadowfork
10-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Some basics STANDARD ( see the major softwares...) navigaton tools and gyzmo would be really welcome...

I second the gizmo update. Its a priority! J/K :scream:

The openGl needs a little work too.

Oh, and that flickering bothers me too.

Oh oh oh... the rounded buttons/interface needs update too. Something simple and elegant would work (a la modo). Not that xp/mac/glass/rounded/what-ever-you-call-it thingy look. It looks a little ummm... unprofessional IMO. Just like a kid who first experienced beveling and gradients in photoshop hehehehe (no offense).

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude. Just my point of view.

--- Don't mind me, I'm on high-caffeine :D

Messiah rocks! :buttrock:

Layer01
10-23-2005, 07:30 AM
I second the gizmo update. Its a priority! J/K :scream:

The openGl needs a little work too.

Oh, and that flickering bothers me too.

Oh oh oh... the rounded buttons/interface needs update too. Something simple and elegant would work (a la modo). Not that xp/mac/glass/rounded/what-ever-you-call-it thingy look. It looks a little ummm... unprofessional IMO. Just like a kid who first experienced beveling and gradients in photoshop hehehehe (no offense).

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude. Just my point of view.

--- Don't mind me, I'm on high-caffeine :D

Messiah rocks! :buttrock:

yeah a gizmo! PLEASE lol.
i dont mind the edit sphere but man it would be so much easier switching between apps if i could just have the same type of move etc manipulator.
i dont mind the messiah look, it doesnt bother me. but if it gets pimped up i wont complain.

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2005, 07:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.