PDA

View Full Version : problem with quick strokes in ps 7

trilaine
10-22-2005, 03:26 AM
I recently upgraded my ram from 1 gig's to 2 gigs, and after that I discovered a problem when I opened photoshop that I dont think I had before I upgraded. I have photoshop 7.0 and a wacom intuos 2 tablet, the memory sticks I upgraded are the same manufacturer that the previous ones were. The last settings I changed in photoshop was setting my brushes the to the way Enalya suggested in her eye tutorial.

It happens when I'm just moving in quick strokes back and forth across my tablet, and the edges should be smooth but somehow these little half loops appear, circled in red.

http://www.trish-art.com/temp/loopylines.jpg

I've seen a post about this problem months ago, but I'm pretty sure it was about alias sketchbook pro not photoshop and I tried searching every term i could think of to find it but I wasnt successful. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions that I can try to correct this problem (if it's correctable besides just moving slower) I'd be more than greatful.

tb582
10-22-2005, 03:40 AM
I would highly doubt that it has anything to do with RAM, I would clear your ps pref. file and see if that makes a difference. Or perhaps a setting on the Wacom tablet changed?

trilaine
10-31-2005, 07:09 AM
Thanks for your reply tb582 :)

I looked for the pref file, I couldnt find it and I made sure my folder wasnt hiding any files from me. I downloaded cs2 and it does the same thing, even on a different computer. I am just wondering if this happens to anyone else, or just me? It dosent do it with the mouse, just the wacom tablet. I'm going to reload my wacom drivers (again) and see if that helps.

I've always had a few other problems with the computer pausing between small short seperate strokes (meaning I quickly dash on the tablet, and pick the pen up and then make another dash), it's like the comp locks up for half a second in between the seperate strokes.

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2005, 07:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.