PDA

View Full Version : character + classroom = 5 minutes

tcbcoolscene
10-22-2005, 01:35 AM
I have to come up with an animation for school, i have a finished classroom done and a character, the animation must be about 5 minutes. The whole thing must happen in the one classroom. I have a few ideas for what could happen but i'm finding it quite hard to come up with a decent idea that could run for 5 minutes without being boring. So i thought i would see what you guys came up with. Oh and by the way, youll be given credit if i use any part of your idea ;)

Pinoy McGee
10-22-2005, 03:09 PM
"Your credit is good...but we only take cash" :)

malcolmvexxed
10-22-2005, 10:10 PM
wow credit for a real life classroom assignment? lmao

tcbcoolscene
10-23-2005, 12:24 AM
hahahahaha

tcbcoolscene
10-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Of course, i would never take credit for something i didnt do ;)

TheOnlyWoj
10-23-2005, 04:48 AM
he's in detention and has to write something on the chalk board a billion times. so, for five minutes you show him trying to come up with quick ways to make this task easier. and then just be creative with what he could try to do.

tcbcoolscene
10-23-2005, 05:51 AM
he's in detention and has to write something on the chalk board a billion times. so, for five minutes you show him trying to come up with quick ways to make this task easier. and then just be creative with what he could try to do.

cool!. Yeah i think the detention idea is the way to go for the amount of characters.

incamike
10-25-2005, 03:10 PM
I have some ideas.I don't know weather you would like it ,please call me in MSN :incamike@hotmail.com

FatalFury
11-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Very funny guys haha. Hey kid the whole idea of these assignments is to be creative, come up with your own ideas, draw inspiration from your own interests if you must. You will gain nothing through plagerism.

tcbcoolscene
11-07-2005, 05:22 AM
Very funny guys haha. Hey kid the whole idea of these assignments is to be creative, come up with your own ideas, draw inspiration from your own interests if you must. You will gain nothing through plagerism.

Actually the idea was to practice our animation techniques. I was just wanting to bounce some ideas off other people, that is one of the points of this part of the forum after all. Besides, im not a professional writer, sometimes its good to see things from another perspective.

MikeRhone
11-08-2005, 03:29 PM
5 minutes is a LONG time.

5 * 60 seconds * 25 frames = 7500 frames of animation. That is a long time, even for a trailer. My first suggestion would be to limit it to a minute. The best way to avoid boring your audience is to not provide the opportunity. And for gods sakes, don't try to "Fill time"!

Random suggestions for one room classroom and one character:

-Blind substitute teacher shows up on Saturday and dosen't know the class is empty

-Child is accidentally locked in the detention hall after hours.

-Student gets access to the fabled "Confisgated toys" cupbard, and finds some unusual items.

Hope this jogs the creative molecules!

tcbcoolscene
11-08-2005, 11:01 PM
5 minutes is a LONG time.

5 * 60 seconds * 25 frames = 7500 frames of animation. That is a long time, even for a trailer. My first suggestion would be to limit it to a minute. The best way to avoid boring your audience is to not provide the opportunity. And for gods sakes, don't try to "Fill time"!

Random suggestions for one room classroom and one character:

-Blind substitute teacher shows up on Saturday and dosen't know the class is empty

-Child is accidentally locked in the detention hall after hours.

-Student gets access to the fabled "Confisgated toys" cupbard, and finds some unusual items.

Hope this jogs the creative molecules!

Thanks, you got some good points there. I hate fill timers too, so nothing to worry about there. Actually i have started the animation, i came up with an idea of school being a conspiracy where he knocks down the blackboard by accident after the teacher leaves to get some books and printouts and finds a world in there to see the teacher didnt leave to get books but went there instead. Ill link it here when its complete in december some time, i have 3 minutes of animation rendered off so far which is whats eating my time. Anyway, thanks for the tips guys, its always good to hear them:).

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2005, 11:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.