PDA

View Full Version : 3D Studio Max Face Rigging

Chems
10-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Ive been searching around this forum and the 45 page thread sticked at the top of the forum looking for a simple step by step which bones an IK Chains sort of tutorial in rigging the facial set up, not about expression controlers. Does anyone know of any? Or is it a kinda of use your own knowledge of rigging to find the best way? Thanks for any replies.

Rakile
10-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Actually, I found a nice way to set up a quick facial rig was to create helpers which I would skin to various points on the face, and then I wired the helpers to a set of control shapes that I made in the front orthographic view. In terms of bones, I don't think that you would need IK at all. If I were to use bones, I'd go into the front view (assuming your character is facing front) and run bones from the head bone down so that they line up with the point you want to move. Then go to a side view, and make a bone that goes straight out to the point you want to move. Then you can either make a control shape, or just grab the nub to move it around. To skin it, just use the weight tables or paint the weights.

Tughan
10-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi,
You may want to check out Chris Harvey's Facial Bone Rig which is discussed in this thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=170634&page=1

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2005, 12:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.