PDA

View Full Version : Character: Judge Dredd

Mordin
10-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi
This is my version of Judge Dredd, based on the comics rather than the film. Trying to keep him more realistic looking.
Its modelled in maya,
5932 tris, (was aiming for about 6000)
His pads, badge and belt pouches are seperate geometry.

Still quite new to 3D modelling, and just want some feed back.

All comments welcome!

ssjchrono
10-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Well let's see, for being new to modelling, that's actually very good.

To me it doesn't seem very interesting. (Geometry wise, not subjectwise) Everything seems flat and simple. That's not to say a bad thing, it's just for a little less than 6k tris you would expect more detail. My suggestion is revamp the kneepads and elbowpads. They don't have to be a perfect (well to the naked eye) half sphere. Semetry is good, anatomy is good. It just needs more detail for the amout of polies it is. Also the image is small so I can't see much more detail.

Now I dunno if I am one to judge, but I just go from what I see. Overall I think it's a rather good job. Definitly very good for being new to this.

SHEPEIRO
10-21-2005, 04:52 PM
it looks v good, add some detail to the eagle shoulder pad, then i would leave the rest to the texture map. nice

Wayne Adams
10-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Map Sly's face on it with a talk bubble saying "I AM THE LAW!"
TEE HEE!

Mordin
10-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'll try and take some detail from the knee and elbow pads and apply it to the eagle shoulder pad.

I've tried posting some clearer images to look at.

BTW how do you put images straight into the page? (ie without having to attach them)?

HellBoy
10-22-2005, 02:26 PM
I like the mesh, give us a good render without wire

Psyk0
10-22-2005, 06:24 PM
BTW how do you put images straight into the page? (ie without having to attach them)?

Upload your images to a site like photobucket or imageshack...then paste the appropriate link into your new message. The image should show up instead of a thumbnail.

Very nice model for someone new to 3D :thumbsup:.

CGTalk Moderation
10-22-2005, 06:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.