PDA

View Full Version : Environment Shader radiosity question

Labuzz
10-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi,
When I push the emission setting in the environment shader ( mapped with an hdr file ) it doesnt affects the radiosity intensity, this is a bug?

isobarxx
10-21-2005, 11:18 PM
You've got to tie the color output to the environ shader's luminosity as well. The same is true with light emitting surfaces, so maybe it was a design decision.

It seems like it'd be more flexible to divorce light emission and color luminosity IMO.

Labuzz
10-22-2005, 03:07 PM
nothing work for me I have set the luminosity as well as the emission ( check...uncheck) and diffusion to 10000 but it doesnt change anything...I have try also with a gradient insteda of a file ...nothing. I think its broken....Someone at PMG can confirm this ?

isobarxx
10-23-2005, 10:44 AM
oops sorry I should have said to connect the texture's color output to the environment's color input. You may need to turn on HDR Prefilter and turn the HDR intensity way down (0.1)

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2005, 10:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.