PDA

View Full Version : scripts running in the background

nebille
10-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi all does anyone know how to make a script run constantly in the background? Is this even possible? Also does anyone know where i can learn more about transform matrixes. I was reading a thread about rotating an objects pivot and wonderd where i could find more info on the subject.

regards

Nebille

erilaz
10-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I think what you' re after is a callback function. Check them out in the reference, they're quite easy to set up. Basically a callback function works by reacting to a a particular event, like a mouse click, a keyframe, a file save and so forth. These are active all the time until you terminate them.

antonv
10-21-2005, 01:32 PM
It depends on what you need it to do but for most of the cases you can do it with callbacks really easy.

CarlosA
11-06-2005, 01:29 PM
you can also hack your own callbacks (if max dosn't provided them) by using the "Timer" item in a rollout outside the screen space. to many timers can slow max down alot. but they are great for dynamicly updating interfaces. i while back i used a timer to create a "on material editor slection" chage call back.

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2005, 01:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.