PDA

View Full Version : All out of training?

tcbcoolscene
10-21-2005, 05:23 AM
I have searched the forums here and others and cant seem to find many professional dvds for 3ds max. I have been to cg academy which looks very nice but there doesnt seem to be as many dvds as i would like, gnomon has one for lighting. I'm sure i'm only missing some great sites here, i'm sick of using free tutorials and just want some professional training i know is going to make me happy. Am i missing something here, what are the professional 3ds max training sites that everyone knows and trusts?

Ps.Specifically im looking for advanced things, everything seems to be basic. Advanced character modelling and rigging is definately something i want, but something i cant seem to find.

YngveE
10-23-2005, 08:44 AM
i have the same problem man, i to have been searching for dvd training for max for a long time but i just cant find them, so if anyone knows where to find them let us know:)

Especially if its about advanced character modeling and animation.

DoubleSupercool
10-23-2005, 02:44 PM
I have searched the forums here and others and cant seem to find many professional dvds for 3ds max. I have been to cg academy which looks very nice but there doesnt seem to be as many dvds as i would like, gnomon has one for lighting. I'm sure i'm only missing some great sites here, i'm sick of using free tutorials and just want some professional training i know is going to make me happy. Am i missing something here, what are the professional 3ds max training sites that everyone knows and trusts?

Ps.Specifically im looking for advanced things, everything seems to be basic. Advanced character modelling and rigging is definately something i want, but something i cant seem to find.

Errr, perhaps you should check CG Academy again. There is a 3 DVD package on rigging by pretty much the best rigger in the Max community, Paul Neale. Frankly, it doesn't get much better. They have an advanced sub-d modelling DVD as well.

tcbcoolscene
10-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes i own the rigging dvds from cgacademy. They are great, and perhaps using advanced rigging as an exmple wasnt the best choice. Advanced character modelling and rigging as one series would be great. I find it hard blending tutorials sometimes which is why a complete module on advanced modelling rigging and shading would be excellent, as i said it all seems to be basic fundamentals.
Gnomon is amazing, their dvds are superb and they have loads for maya, but this doesnt help the max users.
So we have cg academy, what else?

PEN
11-12-2005, 10:35 PM
That was a consideration when creating the DVD's. The problem with this and what I find with other DVD's is that they never cover enough or they are very long to get you though all that you need. Most people that get my DVD's want to know how to rig and not model, light render...

I am planning an advenced character pipe line DVD series that will cover all aspects of dealing with character in pipelines. This will cover advanced rigging, some modeling, lighting rendering, texturing... but will focus on using the methods in a production and not so much on exactly how to model a character.

What we are trying to do with some of the upcomming DVD's is create a cross over with them from one series to another. I hope that this will help you out.

tcbcoolscene
11-13-2005, 06:10 AM
That was a consideration when creating the DVD's. The problem with this and what I find with other DVD's is that they never cover enough or they are very long to get you though all that you need. Most people that get my DVD's want to know how to rig and not model, light render...

I am planning an advenced character pipe line DVD series that will cover all aspects of dealing with character in pipelines. This will cover advanced rigging, some modeling, lighting rendering, texturing... but will focus on using the methods in a production and not so much on exactly how to model a character.

What we are trying to do with some of the upcomming DVD's is create a cross over with them from one series to another. I hope that this will help you out.

Sounds awesome. It is kind of trial and error when in production with no experience yourself, a lot of the time tutors will point things out that save hours. It definately sounds like this is something ill wanna see:)

matt,

byazigi
04-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Hello:

I am a Mechanical Engineer and I am trying to learn 3D MAX (7.0) "modeling/rendering" and I am wondering what would you recommend for me as far as Tutorials and DVDs for a starter. I use some other CAD packages for work and I am trying to integrate 3D MAX to my line of work.

Could you please recommend something for me? Thank you for your time.

byazigi
04-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Where you able at the end to find any DVDs for 3D MAX??? I am interested in Modeling and rendering.

PEN
04-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Hello:

I am a Mechanical Engineer and I am trying to learn 3D MAX (7.0) "modeling/rendering" and I am wondering what would you recommend for me as far as Tutorials and DVDs for a starter. I use some other CAD packages for work and I am trying to integrate 3D MAX to my line of work.

Could you please recommend something for me? Thank you for your time.

You are just going to have to hang on as I'm working on something for you but it will take some time as I'min the middle of production at the moment.

byazigi
04-21-2006, 08:04 PM
You are just going to have to hang on as I'm working on something for you but it will take some time as I'min the middle of production at the moment.

Could you please give me a rough estimate on when are you going to have that done???

musashidan
04-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Where you able at the end to find any DVDs for 3D MAX??? I am interested in Modeling and rendering.

Gnomon have 2 Vray DvD's(interior/exterior) on the rendering end and CG Academy as mentioned have an advanced character modeling and a technical modeling DvD

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2006, 09:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.