PDA

View Full Version : Encrypting Macroscripts

EverZen
10-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi there,

My company have asked me to encrypt some of teh larger tools that I have written. I looked up in the help adn it simply says do:

scriptfile="my_script.ms"

encryptScript scriptfile

so I applied this, and replaced "my_script.ms" with the full path and name of each of the tools I wanted to encrypt. It created the encrypted .mse files with no problems. When I run these files there is no complaint. I then assign them as a shortcut, e.g RC menu, and when I click to run the tool, I get a hideous list of errors, effectively saying the max was expecting a macropscript, and got %$%^ etc.

This means none of my encrypted files seem to actually be usable.

Any ideas what I am going wrong?!?! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am working on 3DSMax 5.

Thanks everyone!

Everzen

Blue
10-20-2005, 04:33 PM
If I recall correctly there is no way to encrypt a MCR file only MS files. So convert the MCR to a MS, encrypt it and have the MCR execute the MSE file.

EverZen
10-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Cheers Blue,

Completely forgot to differentiate between the .ms and the .mcr files there, you are absoutely right, your method solves the problem fantastically!

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Take care,

EverZen

stuh505
10-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Hmm...does using encrypted files restrict you from using include statements? You obviously can't just include a file that's encrypted....you can decrypt and open but I'm not sure how you'd get that to be included.

Blue
10-21-2005, 01:32 AM
Max provides no way to decrypt a MSE to get it back to text again. A script can always call and execute a MSE with the fileIn() function.

And yes it appears that being encrypted would cause the include() function to not work as expected. <sarcasm> Who needs includes anyway </sarcasm>

stuh505
10-21-2005, 02:13 AM
<sarcasm> Who needs includes anyway </sarcasm>

I do :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2005, 02:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.