PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a problem ,,

AralX
10-20-2005, 01:48 AM
hello ,

I dont know what is happening lately on this forum ,, but ,, I found a chance to use a pc resntly and I was threaled !! however, I'm having these problem with Photoshop I hope some one would help me as sooner as posiable:

1. I dont know how to do the meatal Effect can anyone tell me what to do ?
----------------------------------

2. in this, the picture isnt realistic at all !!

3. I cant fined a matchi back gtounds !
---------------------------
4. I need to make a city but from far away ,, and I did draw some rictangles and then filed them but no use nothing gave the result that I am searching for .
---------------------------

5.I did a fog once but its not fog its like something floting !

please I need answer to these stupid Questions

and thank you all

-NG-
10-20-2005, 11:57 AM
You have to ask yourself what makes metal look like metal and then your already 50% done. The key is using proper lighting, wich can be achieved by using gradients or just painting it in. A common technique to create metal is using layer styles and noise for a brushed metal effect.

Fog is not that diffucult to create once you get the hang of it, ussualy when i try to create ground fog i use the clouds filter or paint some custom clouds using white and photographers gray(r: 128 b: 128 g; 128) what i do then is use the perspective tool to scale down and create the illusion of depth and get the perspective i want. Then i set the layers blending mode to hard light, what this does it takes the gray values and turn them transparent leaving your white clouds showing, then i add a layer mask and mask away what i dont need. Ussualy i use more then one layer with different clouds oriented differently and different levels of transparency to create some depth.

The thing with fog is to keep it subtle. Try out this technique and you will see that you can use it for more things then just fog. :)

AralX
10-29-2005, 09:01 AM
I toke most Ideas of yours about the fog ..and I toke this picture amonths ago tell me if I really made it look like real fog ..

Edited post !!:

I forgot to ask if I as a reflection to a meateal pipe EX. would it do it ?

because i did that after I answered the Question to myself ---check the Picture ...

CGTalk Moderation
10-29-2005, 09:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.