PDA

View Full Version : Painting color\specular\bump\SSS maps in zBrush

Defonten
10-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone,

If I understand it right, in zBrush I am not limited to only sculpting geometry but also I can paint over my model with black and white colors or textures to make a map for later use in any 3D package as color\specular\SSS\bump maps. My question is - how do I export that kinda map with mapping coords and place it correctly on my model in 3D package. I mean where 3D package gets info from on how to map imported data. Thanx in advance!

P.S. Unfortunately at this time I don't have opportunity to purchase Aaron Sims's DVD where he describes how he paints color\SSS\etc maps in zBrush and applies them in 3D.

pnoland
10-19-2005, 01:13 PM
When you're finished painting your map you just export it, flip it vertically in PS, then load it onto your model in your external package. The program will know where to place the texture coordinates because the model has a UV map that reads the texture and will align everything to how it looked in Zbrush when you were painting.

Fifth_miracle
10-19-2005, 03:17 PM
You can also just flip your maps in the ZB texture pallet using the Flip V button.

Defonten
10-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks, pnoland & Fifth_miracle!

I'll try it!

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2005, 04:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.