PDA

View Full Version : character: female zombie slayer.

Pnoodles
10-19-2005, 09:58 AM
This is my latest character, made for a personal project.
My aim was to model the character to reflect my drawing style.
Im a huge fan of the design of the Timesplitters games,and would like to think that this character could fit into that universe...
the triangle count is 4031 for
the character + weapons.
One 1024 diffuse map for the character and one 512 diffuse map for the weapons.
One alpha map was used for the weapons as well.

My plan is to model a male companion and a few zombies to keep them busy. Will try to find the time to make some animation as well.
Hope you like!

http://www.pinknoodlesoup.com/images/3D/POSES.jpg

http://www.pinknoodlesoup.com/images/3D/WIRE_poses.jpg

http://www.pinknoodlesoup.com/images/3D/turnaround.jpg

http://www.pinknoodlesoup.com/images/3D/CONCEPT.jpg

http://www.pinknoodlesoup.com/images/3D/textures.jpg

arrangemonk
10-19-2005, 09:35 PM
great style, im lovin it
but i think you should scale down the deph of the model (she look fat from the sinde)

WesleyTack
10-20-2005, 04:13 AM
very nice character, it is indeed a nice style, and looks pretty pretty pretty good for the amount of triangles used. I would however try and add a bit more detail to the finger tips.

-G-
10-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Hey, man!
This is one kool Character!
And i must say that i disagree with both simon.wt and arrangemonk in their suggestions... i wouldn't change a thing.

Wayne Adams
10-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Very kewl, I could see her fighting along side that skeleton from MedEvil. The style is great, and she has a nice attitude. My only crit would be her breasts. They kind of form dunes away from her body. Dunes with a very drawn out incline. Now I've seen tops for ladies that did give this impression, but even with those dresses, the form of the breast is still visible. The hips...well I sort of like them like that. But in the profile the shape of the breasts and the thickness of the hips give her a very "askew" look, like she had a modifier put on her mesh for fun...If the breasts were reworked to give have a little more weight, those hips would work better for the overall mesh.

Thats my two cents, I really like this one. Lets see some more.

onelung
10-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey man, really nice work, love the style nd ton's of character, yea, your side view looks like it was done in user mode, but looks perfect in the other renders, maybe give us another side render, in her action pose, so we can see if it looks odd there. Might try and define the joints with some extra shading too. Other than that, i love this style and can't wait for the other character, think it could make a badass game, if anything a nice render. Really well done. Rock on!
-schu

Pnoodles
10-20-2005, 03:53 PM
the profile render is actually a default max side view. I better go and re-render it with a proper camera....

thanks for the crits everyone!

F3D
10-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Im dying to see some cartoonish animations with her!
faces will be melted!

adam-crockett
10-20-2005, 06:50 PM
heh heh, her face reminds me of a girl I went to school with.

Confracto
10-20-2005, 07:49 PM
nice!
I agree that she looks a bit too thick from front to back....and I'd say more in a general way, liek the picture was stretched....it's hard to say how it really looks as it's the ONLY side shot, and all the rest are FRONT/BACK.....maybe some angle shots...or whatever.
great work!

xEmilx
10-21-2005, 05:40 AM
Awesome model, really stylized! In some areas she is a little thick, but to be honest. It still works! The texturing is simple which also works!
Good stuff.

Emilxxx

Sille
10-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Nice model Pnoodles. I have to agree with the other posts so far that her proportions look different from the side. From the concepts the side has the illusion that she is 'thicker' than she is.

I was wondering how you went about doing the modeling for her hair.

Keep up the great work.

PKD
10-23-2005, 09:55 AM
First of all, I would like to say I really like the style and design of your character. The modeling is good too. The texturing is also pretty good, however, given the 1024 map used for just the character, I expect to see a lot more details than you one you presented. I personally think if you scale down to a 512 map, she wouldn't have lost much details.
My suggestion is that you either scale down to a 512 map or put more details to the 1024 map you have now.

Pnoodles
10-31-2005, 09:34 AM
i updated the turnaround pic with a proper camera this time;)
Am gonna do some spec maps soon and add more detail to the hair whenever i find the time....
sille-> the hair is simply extruded from a good ol box primitive.
adam crockett-> i find that slightly disturbing......:)

kOmoo
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Very funny, great concept.

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.