PDA

View Full Version : Texture Error in Maya 6.5...

weird-coma
10-18-2005, 11:05 PM
....Howdy. I'm working on a project in Maya 6.5, and I've been getting a texture error I cant get rid of. So far, I tried re-mapping it, using both planar and auto, tried rebuilding the surface, and even tried breaking the surface into individual faces, so far no dice. Heres a look at the problem (I realize the texture doesnt match up, I blew it up to allow for easy viewing of the problem at had.)

TwitchyHamster
10-19-2005, 01:16 AM
Try making the lip there at the top seperate geometry and mapping it seperate from the main wall piece. Then once the texture is applied how you want it to be applied...(I would suggest a repeating texture if you aren't using one already) tweak out the 2d placement node for the texture on each piece till the line up how you want, then select and combine the two pieces back into one again.

Might not work, might work, who knows! Maya is a mysterious lover, she has many moods.

-Twitchy

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2005, 01:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.