PDA

View Full Version : converting 30fps project to 25fps

11-14-2002, 03:56 PM
hi guys!

I`ve been working on a 30fps project but now that we are finished we got told that we need to have the project in PAL format (which means 25fps)

I`ve tried rendering the whole composition with 30fps as a tga sequence. then imported it again and set the fps to 25, then did a timestretch of 120% to match the timing. the thing is that now I get very choppy results. even with frame blending enabled. any idea how to solve this ? any other programs with better interpolation ? or another way to solve this in combustion ?

thx in advance!

Splice
11-15-2002, 09:43 AM
If you are going from 30 frms to 25 frms, I assume you are also changing Standards? NTSC to PAL??

You can change frame size and frame rate and re-order the fields but the results will not be really 100% good...

I suggest you look at a standards convertor....

However if you just want to change the speed of the clip and nothing more... You can look at a plugin called Twixtor that might do it or a Programme called Re-timer which does a great job.....

Splice.....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.