View Full Version : jack thompsons email posted on vgcats

gunslingerblack
10-18-2005, 09:35 PM
jack thompsons email has apparently been posted on vgcats website

http://www.vgcats.com/jack.php

XP

FloydBishop
10-18-2005, 09:41 PM
I just wanted to add that before anyone fires off any stupid emails to anyone, be advised that an electronic threat, harrassment, or other "not nice note", even to someone you don't agree with, is still a threat, harrassment, or "not nice note" and the threatener, harrasser, or "not nice note" writer can be prosecuted.

It seems like this guy likes to sue, call the press, and write to the police, legislators, etc. As with rule #2 in the CGTalk forum policies...

2.) Engage your brain before your mouth. You are responsible for your own words and any harm they may cause.

animateddave
10-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Jack needs to get laid.

EvilGnome
10-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Yes it seems from the email correspondence they've got there that Jack Thompson is a very angry little person.
Looks to me like he's trying to position himself for a suit against the Penny guys by denying he emailed them first etc.

Anyone who wants to email him, just keep it civilised and intelligent, anything else triggers more knee jerk publicity stunts(like calling in the FBI over threatening emails).

Funny though, his "stop emailing me or else" sounds a bit like a threat too, a little hypocritical? Couldn't be! ;-)

g8ff
10-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Har!! Now its 10 characters.

noisewar
10-18-2005, 10:20 PM
I just wanted to add that before anyone fires off any stupid emails to anyone, be advised that an electronic threat, harrassment, or other "not nice note", even to someone you don't agree with, is still a threat, harrassment, or "not nice note" and the threatener, harrasser, or "not nice note" writer can be prosecuted.

It seems like this guy likes to sue, call the press, and write to the police, legislators, etc. As with rule #2 in the CGTalk forum policies...

2.) Engage your brain before your mouth. You are responsible for your own words and any harm they may cause.

That's why you gotta use satire. Flatter him with insults.

PhilOsirus
10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
This is old old old.

hjalmar
10-18-2005, 10:29 PM
i wonder, if he wants to sue all violent video game companies, will he sue the US Army for producing America's Army?

gunslingerblack
10-18-2005, 10:34 PM
no because america's army is only a ruthless terrorist killing training machine, not a ruthless cop killing training machine.

and yes floyd is right about firing off any stupid emails, but i think it should still be out there, for those of us who can write ...intelligent emails.....

eks
10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
This guy can get himself in pretty hilarious situations:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=12333

eks

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.