PDA

View Full Version : ArchViz Rendering

paulselhi
10-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Complete muppet when it comes to lighting etc so i was wondering how you would all go about rendering something like this in C4D, i wil add a link to the scene at the bottom.

I d/l a model of the Colosseum from renderosity because i thought it would have most of the shape and form that i wanted to experiment with, arches, coloumns, curved edges etc

there are no textures apart from a simple bump, there is a single infinite light from the top left with area shadows and a sky with a cloud texture for luminosity

Here are three renders

A basic default light

A Rad one bounce render

An AO render, I used an omni ambient light at 40 % intensity

I liked the AO render, it gives a sort of sketch maybe Escher like look but maybe a bit too harsh for the experimnet (trying to get realistic lighting)

There is a strange glitch in the colum base directly in fron of the camera, not sure why this is happening

In the next post ( i can only have 3 attachments) i tried to ease this abit

Here is the scene http://www.black-and-white-to-color.com/stuff/colset.zip

I would love to hear from the gurus as to how they would go about lighting and rendering this scene

paulselhi
10-18-2005, 05:16 PM
OK this time i did a rad and ao render, i changed the ao left tab to a slight grey 83 83 83 and set the contrast to -10 %

I also added a glow effeci in post at 7 % intensity

nycL45
10-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Good idea for a thread, Paul. Hold on, I think I hear Strat coming. He'll have some good input.

Continuumx
10-21-2005, 11:47 PM
I really like the first AO only render. The first rad render looks wonderful as far as light distribution and cleanliness. The dirt effect of AO is what really gives it some touch of realism. I think the last rad/AO image, you need more AO to give it some more grit.

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2005, 11:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.