PDA

View Full Version : I've dried my Dig.watercolor-layers - Now I can't paint with brighter colors on it?

White Knight
10-18-2005, 12:58 PM
I dried my 'Digital watercolor'-layers to be able to use the Blend-brushes.
Now I just noticed I can't paint with brighter digital water-colors on those layers.

What to do, what to do?!

whiteweazel
10-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Yea, is there away around it? Like if you fill the canvas with a darker color with the paintbucket, then you can't use a brighter watercolor color. Sometimes for no reason, depending which layer I'm on, the same thing will happen. Kind of annoying, and basically why I don't practice with digital watercolor often.

Lunatique
10-31-2005, 08:18 AM
Watercolor is a transparent medium, that's why. You need to use an opaque medium like gouache, acrylic, oils..etc.

dbclemons
11-01-2005, 02:01 PM
It's the way the Digital Wet method works in the General settings, and the layers are set to "Gel." You could change the brush method to something like "drip" to be opaque, but you'd loose the watercolor effect.

-DBC

Jinbrown
11-01-2005, 09:35 PM
I dried my 'Digital watercolor'-layers to be able to use the Blend-brushes.
Now I just noticed I can't paint with brighter digital water-colors on those layers.

What to do, what to do?!

Hi,

There are some very nice blending variants in the Digital Watercolor brush category that can be used to blend wet Digital Watercolor. No need to dry Digital Watercolor paint in order to blend it.

Jinbrown
11-01-2005, 09:48 PM
It's the way the Digital Wet method works in the General settings, and the layers are set to "Gel." You could change the brush method to something like "drip" to be opaque, but you'd loose the watercolor effect.

-DBC

The Method: Drip with Subcategory: Drip, Grainy Drip, or Grainy Hard Drip applies an obvious bristle brushstroke (can even look striped) that some may not want when blending color. Method: Drip with Subcategory Hard Drip drags existing color resulting in a kind of "bubbling" effect, and is also not the best for normal, more smooth blending.

Better choices for normal blending of dry Digital Watercolor paint would be variants found in the Blenders brush category or other simple brush variants using Method: Cover with Resat and Bleed and Opacity adjusted to blend.

CGTalk Moderation
11-01-2005, 09:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.