PDA

View Full Version : filtering posts of a user in a thread

Joblh
10-18-2005, 08:30 AM
a feature i'd like to see is that you can filter posts of someone (usually the threadstarter) or yourself so you can quickly go through alot of posts to find what your looking for.

This would be very handy for the cgchoise gallery for example, you're mainly looking for the wire post and info about the image, not the thousands of fanboy posts.

to expand this a bit more i'd be handy to click on a particular filtered post which will link you to the actual place of the post in the thread. (with the fanboy posts)

good idea? :)

Joblh
10-22-2005, 07:39 AM
guys, just say if it's a good or bad idea.

Dutchman
10-22-2005, 09:46 AM
guys, just say if it's a good or bad idea.
A good one, Job! :scream:

I understand your problem: scrolling hours and hours isn't cool at all... It would be not really an essential option, but it might be véry handy!

So come on mods! What are your waiting for?! :bounce:
-Gijs

jussing
10-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Yea, definitely.

When I first read the subject I did't think it sounded necessary, but you're right, particularly in CGChoice and WIP's, you usually just want to read the original poster's posts, not 10 pages of how great other people think the piece is.

I vote aye! :)

...and if not a full-out "filter selected user(s)" feature, than at least an "only view original poster's posts" feature.

Great idea!

- Jonas

Joblh
10-22-2005, 02:45 PM
thx for the reactions! :)

...and if not a full-out "filter selected user(s)" feature, than at least an "only view original poster's posts" feature.
yeah, you'd usually use it most for threadstarter posts.

mods, what do you think? :)

Joblh
10-31-2005, 06:05 PM
do we need to pm mods, or do they just look here?

Mibus
11-01-2005, 12:02 AM
We read here, and use ideas gleamed for here to adjust our longer-term plans and place items on our TODO lists. We don't respond in threads though (usually ;)).

Thanks guys;

Joblh
11-01-2005, 06:20 AM
haha, ok thanks :)

yinako
11-25-2005, 08:26 AM
yes if you want this to be a quality forum you have to have a way to filter posts

CGTalk Moderation
11-25-2005, 08:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.