PDA

View Full Version : Cinebench reveals OGL prob...need advice

2a03
10-18-2005, 04:47 AM
Hello... I put together a new box today based on an Amd x2 4400 and transferred my old 5900xt card into this new one... The card had routinely scored a 2700 when running the Cinebench hardware lighting test but it is only scoring a 1000 in Hardware Lighting in this new box?!! and Software lighting scores 1400 in this new box?!! Whats going on here? Does anyone have any idea? It seems like the card isnt being used at all.... I installed the latest mboard drivers and the last stable driver for the 5900xt... everything else works fine in this new system except for this horrible OpenGL performance... I tweaked with the bios settings but nothing helps:banghead: ...I would appreciate any leads that anyone can give me....Many thanks in advance... I want to get back to animating....

hundredthirtyseven
10-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Download a new AGP driver. Install the AGP driver and then the graphic driver.

moka.studio
10-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Hello... I put together a new box today based on an Amd x2 4400 and transferred my old 5900xt card into this new one... The card had routinely scored a 2700 when running the Cinebench hardware lighting test but it is only scoring a 1000 in Hardware Lighting in this new box?!! and Software lighting scores 1400 in this new box?!! Whats going on here? Does anyone have any idea? It seems like the card isnt being used at all.... I installed the latest mboard drivers and the last stable driver for the 5900xt... everything else works fine in this new system except for this horrible OpenGL performance... I tweaked with the bios settings but nothing helps:banghead: ...I would appreciate any leads that anyone can give me....Many thanks in advance... I want to get back to animating....

You are missing some mo-board video controllers. I had exactly the same thing happen to me. Make sure all drivers are installed for the mother board.
edit: Agp drivers... exactly, that's what I meant.

2a03
10-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the advice... I uninstalled the current agp driver and display driver... then downloaded and installed the newest agp driver followed by the newest display driver but my Cinebench OpenGL scores didn't go up... Its a new nforce board and it shows that it has a "gart" driver installed... which is the agp driver I assume... I must be doing something wrong? Thanks for the help... I'll try for a couple more hours to fix it... If anyone else has any idea what I'm missing I would gladly appreciate any input...

2a03
10-18-2005, 10:15 AM
:) Problem solved.... To fix it I disabled the "agp quick write" in the BIOS... I dont know why this worked but it did...My OGL Cinebench score is at 2800 now... Thanks you for your responses.

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2005, 10:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.