PDA

View Full Version : Help Creating Wet Look Effect

autieri
10-17-2005, 09:25 PM
I have often struggled painting the effects of moisture on objects such as metal or skin. I either make the flesh look sweaty or the metal look overly glossy. I'm after a hint of moisture, much like condensation on a car or the wet sheen of skin after a shower or swim.

Does anyone know a fairly simple way to achieve this effect in Photoshop? Maybe I'm just being lazy, but I'm hoping to discover a way to create this looks with layers and blending modes. But any way I've tried it, I get a very unnatural look.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

tb582
10-18-2005, 02:27 AM
If you could post a pic it would help, there are several ways of going about it....

autieri
10-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Thanks for responding. I'm working from my office computer, since my home computer is being repaired for a few days. So I don't have anything available to upload here. I could swipe a photo off the web, just for demo purposes of course. But actually, I don't even need to see it done on a recognizable picture. If there was a way just to demonstrate it on a field of color I'd be fine with that. I could apply the basic principles to my own paintings.

Any way, thank you for responding and your offer of assistance.

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2005, 08:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.