PDA

View Full Version : Creating a capret, need some advice

IestynRoberts
10-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Hello Photoshopians. I have a simle question. (well simple for you guys im shure, i have'nt got a clue yet!) How would you texture a 20m x 12m carpet for a boradroom? (The boardroom itself it in my signature, click on the link)

I want it to be just a normal, light blue kinda colour, with a grain on it you know? I've tried using Grain Filter, but it just looks daft. Could anyone point me in the right direction, or let me know where i could get a grain brush or something? That would be good.
Thanks a lot
Iest

IestynRoberts
10-18-2005, 02:10 PM
No one got anything? Please guys, this is killing me!

dbates
10-18-2005, 04:00 PM
You want it to look kind of like this? http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3770/carpet13wo.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
I found it on a carpet manufacturer's website--it's a sample picture. You could try duplicating that look. I've only had to make a carpet once, and I used the grain filter to start with (plus a bunch of other tweaking that I've unfortunately forgotten).

Sorry I can't help more specifically, but I hope this helps at least a little bit. (I like your boardroom scene, by the way.)

--dbates

IestynRoberts
10-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey there dbates, thank you very much for the feedback on the boardroom, if you want you can help me out a bit by giving me more info on how to make it better? I dont get any feedback under my WIP, which is strange. Please any Crit would be awsome!
Excellent idea about tiling that carpet picture! My photoshop skills are pretty usless at the mo, but im shure even the likes of me will be able to pull this one off! Thank you very much for your effort, looking for the carpet etc, much apreciated. I'll let u know how im doing.
Iest

itsallgoode9
10-18-2005, 11:15 PM
yeah, i'd say try starting with a grain filter and working with some of the texturizing filters or emboss filters and things like that.

IestynRoberts
10-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks man, will get cracking. No one knows of a carpet style brush then?

Thanks people
Iest

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2005, 10:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.