PDA

View Full Version : Q: Adjusting Mac Images for PC

Mike Hooma
11-14-2002, 05:24 AM
Whats the easiest way if I only have a mac, to check/adjust colors, so my images look how I intended them when viewed on a pc?

is there a standard conversion method?

what do most mac graphics people do?

thankyou very much for any help...

Ian Jones
11-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Your problem is most likely Gamma. Gamma is the midpoint of your value range. It's another way to control the value range of an image. Unfortunately Mac's and PC's have different default gamma levels. At least Mac's have a standard level, whereas you can get any number of variations with PC's depending on the hardware / monitor etc...

It's all a load of bullshit really. Just a bunch of stupid dicks who made a complicated system in the first place and now we are left with the problem to contend with.

I don't know how to fix it, but I know it's probably Gamma, so go and investigate it some more. I'm sure you'll find something if you search with Google.

Good luck. :)

jeroentje
11-14-2002, 10:21 AM
In Photoshop, hit View -> Preview -> Windows RGB, and you'll see how your pic will look on a Windows machine (I'm using a Dutch version so the words view etc. might be a bit off).
Just adjust the curves a bit when what you see is not what you wanna get.

Good luck, Jeroentje

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.