PDA

View Full Version : P7 style color palettes with Painter 9?

HorrorShow
10-17-2005, 03:27 PM
I use a downloaded water color set from Jin's site(i think it's from jin, it's been so long, the original zipfile & website has been lost.)

Anyhow, the P9 palette layout is -instead of being able to layout the CP in large rectangular shape with names underscoring the color(how I had it set in P7)-I'm stuck with having to scrolldown for a color...:scream:

Is there a way to FIX it without having to make a new color set?

*edit*

Original Artists'_watercolours.TXT

ROWS 11
COLS 1
WIDTH 110
HEIGHT 11
TEXTHEIGHT 14
SPACING 1

-which then I had modified into (with a saved version "modified")
ROWS 23
COLS 6
WIDTH 121
HEIGHT 6
TEXTHEIGHT 14
SPACING 1

So that it was laid out near exactly like a real set of w/c. Painter 9 ignores all this and uses the default scroll up/down & alphabetized set(which i dont need or want for this set)

Jinbrown
10-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Hello, I'm Jin.

Can you tell me if you are a member of TutorAlley Forums, using another name?

It's too bad you don't remember where you downloaded the Artist's_Watercolour Color Set and I'll guess you don't know who created it either.

The person who created the Color Set and made it available for others to use, included a ReadME.txt file in the ZIP and in that ReadME.txt file he asked very humbly:

"All i ask is that you mention my name when telling people about the colour sets.

Michael Whitham"

Let me know if you are a member of TutorAlley Forums and what displayed name you used when joining.

Thanks,

HorrorShow
10-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Not a member of pixelalley forums-maybe I apply after the first of the year.(relocating atm)

the Artists'_watercolour set is from Sandman's(David Gell) Website
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.gell/Pages/Colour_Sets.html
(oddly, the artists' watercolor set doesnt include a readme....)

After going back to http://www.corel.com/painterix/training/tip_color_setlayouts.html -I still havent been able to correct this issue(while other color sets while grid nicely into smaller/larger palettes, these 3 of sandman's will not change what so ever) Wish I still had painter 7 to compare the control panel functions to fix this.

This may sound silly, who is michael whithman and where can i find their color sets(google doesnt work for everything)

Jinbrown
10-19-2005, 07:55 AM
Hi,

It's TutorAlley Forums. PixelAlley my other site and not a message board. Both are listed below my signature.

Yes, the Artist's Watercolour Color Set was made available to download both at TutorAlley Forums and on David Gell's (Sandman's) site. As I recall, Michael Whitham shared two versions of this Color Set and I guess he didn't include the ReadMe.txt in both ZIP files.

Michael Whitham is a Painter user who created and shared his Artist's Watercolour Color Set. I don't know where you can find him but I guess you already have his Color Set.

Painter 7 and Painter IX Color Sets palettes are different in the ways we can size them. In Painter IX, the Color Sets palette has a larger minimum size limit while the Painter 7 Color Sets palette, as I recall, can be made a lot less tall or can be made a lot less wide.

If you don't display the color names in the Artist's Watercolour Color Set, you can change the color swatch size and see all of the colors while the Color Sets palette is reduced to the minimum size. If you do display the names, it doesn't seem possible to reduce the size of the color swatches or to display them arranged in a horizontal format, even if the Color Sets palette is stretched horizontally.

Without the color names displayed, all of the color swatches for this Color Set can be displayed at 12 x 12 pixels in the minimum size Color Sets palette. If you stretch it taller or wider, you'll just take up more space on the Painter screen.

To adjust the color swatch size and turn off the color name display, go to the Color Sets menu.

Good luck!

HorrorShow
10-19-2005, 08:53 AM
:sad: That's just poooey(in regards to Painter 9, trying too hard to be like pshop-imho)

I will just make do with the problem and go without named colors.
Thank you for the input & assistance Jin.

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2005, 08:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.