PDA

View Full Version : NOW OPEN!!! OPEN FIGURE DRAWING WORKSHOP 006 with Ron Eyre and Rebecca Kimmel!!

Rebeccak
10-17-2005, 04:42 AM
NOW OPEN!!! OPEN FIGURE DRAWING WORKSHOP 006!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/OFDW%20006/Ron-Eyre-Announcement2.jpg

Welcome to the SIXTH thread of the Open Figure Drawing Workshop!!!

>>>Click HERE for Ron Eyre's Artistic Website<<< (http://www.eyrebrush.free-online.co.uk/MainFrame.html)

>>RULES FOR THE THREADS<<

1. Photographs are the property of Ron Eyre and are copyrighted as such.

2. Photographs are NOT to be used for ANY other purpose apart from Figurative Drawing Reference for this thread on CGTalk.

3. The drawings created from the photo reference provided here MUST be TASTEFUL, SINCERE, RESPECTFUL, and for the purpose of serious study of the human figure. Those who post silly, disrespectful, or tasteless work will have their posts deleted immediately
and will no longer be allowed to post on this thread. Ron Eyre, Rebecca Kimmel, and Roberto Ortiz reserve the right to determine which drawings are considered to be in poor taste and / or disrespectful to the model/s, who have generously agreed to allow their images to be used on the condition that they be used for the tasteful and serious study of Figurative Art only.

4. There is NO TIME LIMIT for posting on this thread.

5. New threads containing new photographs will be posted on a bi-weekly basis, depending on the number of photographs available.

6. There is NO LIMIT to the NUMBER of posts an artist may make. However, we ask that you post only your BEST WORK, even if it is considered unfinished.

7. Artists who post comments and critiques of other artists' work on this thread must be RESPECTFUL, POLITE, and offer CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Flaming will be NOT be tolerated, and constitutes dismissal from this and other threads.

8. I will be offering the occasional comments / critique ~ however, the main focus of the Open Figure Drawing Workshop threads should be on Group Critique and interaction. :)

9. ANY MEDIUM or STYLE may be used: Traditional or Digital Drawing or Painting, Gestural, Sketch, Finished Render, etc.

10. EDIT: 3D Artists who wish to use the reference for 3D models are free to do so. I just ask that you post your work here as well as in any 3D forum in which you post your work.

11. Please limit the SIZE of your POSTS to 800 pixels WIDTH x Appropriate pixel LENGTH. No huge posts, please!

12. Have fun, enjoy, and create great art! :)

LINKS to Photographs: WARNING: Nudity:

MODEL PHOTOGRAPH 1 ~ Ron Eyre, Nude (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/OFDW%20006/Ron-Eyre-9_006.jpg)

MODEL PHOTOGRAPH 2 ~ Ron Eyre, Nude (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/OFDW%20006/Ron-Eyre-10_006.jpg)

PLEASE NOTE: WIP (Work In Progress) images are an important part of the OFDWs and are encouraged. Please DO post WIP images as you work on your pieces. :)

Good luck! :)

~Rebeccak and Ron Eyre

fooxoo
10-17-2005, 04:14 PM
I m gonna try this! Gonna be a challenge! Very cool!!! :D

justmeina
10-18-2005, 04:02 AM
Good to see OFDW 006, if I may say so (and not that I disliked 005 in the least, of course, quite the contrary :)). Congrats to Ronnie and Rebecca :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
10-18-2005, 04:32 AM
Ben,

Thanks! But don't go anywhere, as we will certainly want you and Ron to be part of many more OFDWs! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

zhuzhu
10-18-2005, 05:45 AM
Thanks Rebeccak and Ron~~~!

ha ha, i am the first post this time~~~:twisted:

sketch in Artweaver:

http://usera.imagecave.com/zhuhaibobo/592.jpg

Rebeccak
10-18-2005, 05:48 AM
Nice, zhuzhu! :thumbsup: Beautiful work on the back...something wrong with his lower left arm?

Beautiful linework! And thanks again for your friends' pictures. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

justmeina
10-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks! But don't go anywhere, as we will certainly want you and Ron to be part of many more OFDWs!Ready, willing, and anxious to help anytime and in any way I can, Rebecca.

eyrebrush
10-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Very well drawn, Zhuzhu! I use this method of drawing a lot .... working with a dark colour on a medium toned paper, and then enhancing the structure and form of the figure with white - or light colours. There is still a lot more scope for this with your drawing. The highlights could be developed more with the white, and the shadows could be strengthened - here and there - with black or dark brown.

Rebeccak
10-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Ben: Ready, willing, and anxious to help anytime and in any way I can, Rebecca.
Sounds great! :)

Originally posted by Ron:Very well drawn, Zhuzhu! I use this method of drawing a lot .... working with a dark colour on a medium toned paper, and then enhancing the structure and form of the figure with white - or light colours. There is still a lot more scope for this with your drawing. The highlights could be developed more with the white, and the shadows could be strengthened - here and there - with black or dark brown.
Great comments! :) Looking forward to seeing more work. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

zhuzhu
10-19-2005, 11:02 AM
eyrebrush:wow~~~! glad to see your first post was reply me,thanks~~~! i had visted your website already, it was awesome~~~! i really like your drawing style.as you said, i always use that technique for my digital sketch,easy and fast~~~ my sketch maybe need more contrast,but in my opinion,the most white part is on hairs,so i did not add more white strokes on the bady highlight area.and i made the background a little bit dirty,try to express some classical feeling, so lose some contrast.at last,save for web image file should be lose something...

anyway,thanks again~~~!

eyrebrush
10-20-2005, 10:47 PM
OK, Zhuzhu, I take your point, and I quite aggree with you! The hair IS lighter. Lol! ... I've been an art teacher all my life, and it's just in my nature to point out certain aspects of a drawing that - to my mind - could be improved! Ho-hum! http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif I hope you don't mind. I think your drawing is beautifully executed. If you think I'm nit-picking here it is only because I can see a way - in my own mind - where you can improve your drawing still more! You can strike me down if you wish! LOL!

I think that what is attracting my attention in your drawing is the heavy line around parts of the drawing where it is not needed. There is actually no such thing as a line in real life! .... only EDGES! The quality of an edge can only be distinguished by the amount of tonal contrast between the two areas on either side of it. Some of the edges of the figure almost disappear in the reference image! I would use no 'line' in these places. Some edges appear 'sharp' in places but with not as much contrast as in others. So, we artists need to VARY the tonal quality of our lines round - and within - a drawing. This also makes for much more delicacy in a drawing.

Also .... my second point .... I feel that some of the lines need to be merged either into the figure itself - or the background. The less heavy line we have around a drawing the more 3 dimensional it will appear. Look particulary at the linework down the left side of your drawing. Would you agree with me? I think a heavy line round a figure - or ANY object - tends to make it more TWO dimensional.

I've taken the liberty to do a demo! LOL! I hope you don't mind. It's a FEEBLE attempt to try to show you what I mean. I didn't have a lot of time at my disposal, so my drawing is badly shaped in places - and became too dark. The reference picture has a lot of tonal contrast - and this is what I'm trying to show. I've probably over-done the tones a bit - and the drawing is 'out' somewhat in places, but I'm hoping it shows something of what I mean about 'edges'. I’m not used to doing this yet because I’m new here! Hope this URL works!

http://www.eyrebrush.free-online.co.uk/temp/zhuzhudemo.jpg

zhuzhu
10-21-2005, 03:10 AM
eyrebrush: thank you very much~~~! thanks for the very useful point of the "EDGES",actually,i know what you mean, maybe i am too lazy,ha ha. and it is a little bit hard to draw a really high quality line in digital, i can do it better on paper.thanks for the quick demo pic~~~!

Zephyri
10-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi all... thanks to Ron for these pictures, I'd actually been wondering if I could request an older model at some point, much as I like the smooth skin of the younger models, there is something wonderful about the texture of older skin, the way it fits over muscles and veins and its translucency. I've always loved the way old masters painted older skin, the elements of blues and greens they used. So naturallyI jumped at this thread! I'd love to do an oil study of one of those poses eventually but work and time in general fights me at the moment, but I have both images on my harddrive, for future reference!

And here's my current effort. I'm trying to work on the bits of the body I have weakness in, mainly the leg (thigh in particular) and the forearm. I'm working on a cheapo sketch pad with an h and hb pencil, as thats all I currently have at my disposal (being at work).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/xephyri/cgtalk%20images/ronarm.jpg

Loulu79
10-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Wow! 005 is gone already!?! Well...what actually happened to me those past weeks were unpredictable. But because of that...I'll do these pics (because male anatomy is really what I need to practise anyway)...but I can't promise you it'll be finished. Let me see (hopefully) if I can do some quick sketches. I must learn to do things quickly.

Rebeccak...I'm sorry I couldn't make it with the last workshop. Please forgive me.:sad:

btw: Is it okay and possible to show the last works for 005 as a WIP thread...as well as the ones for 006? Is it really okay? Because I do want to improve...

Just asking.:shrug:

Rebeccak
10-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Rebeccak...I'm sorry I couldn't make it with the last workshop. Please forgive me.:sad:
Forgiven! :scream: Lol, you are welcome to join us anytime! :thumbsup:

btw: Is it okay and possible to show the last works for 005 as a WIP thread...as well as the ones for 006? Is it really okay? Because I do want to improve...
Absolutely! But you can also still keep posting on any OFDW thread indefinitely! So, no worries. ;)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Corvax
10-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Missed the last OFDW but im back in the sattle now.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d195/covax123/ron01.jpg

I was kinda inspired by some chalk studies by Michelangelo I saw in Haarlem (Holland), and wanted to make something similar. I'm nowhere close to the level of his drawings but I wasn't expecting as much :) . the feet look awfull I know that.

Rebeccak
10-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Corvax,

Nice work! I can see the influence, particularly in his left hand...really nice work there! :) I agree that the feet need work, as well as the upper back near the base of the neck. Will you be working on this further?

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

ceresz
10-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks Rebeccak and Ron~~~!

ha ha, i am the first post this time~~~:twisted:

sketch in Artweaver:

http://usera.imagecave.com/zhuhaibobo/592.jpg

Sweet zhuzhu, I just downloaded artweaver but when I try to draw, wel... It's not working, I can't even use the fill tool.
Do you think you know why that is?
Thanks!

drawMonger
10-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Hi All, this is a quick sketch in photoshop
http://digitalcraft.com.au/misc/006-1-1.jpg
top stuff Zhuzhu!

Rebeccak
10-23-2005, 03:21 PM
drawMonger,

I really like how you're always using a different style ~ it's quite interesting to see! :thumbsup: I would say on this piece to add something more / lower his pelvis a bit. Currently it seems he lacks something of a waist. But your line quality and the upper torso are quite nice! Can't wait to see where you go with this! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

drawMonger
10-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks Rebecca! I can see what you're saying about the waist...i'll try and fix it.

Cheers :D

Rebeccak
10-23-2005, 03:39 PM
drawMonger,

No prob! Look forward to seeing where you go with this...I don't think you would want to blend it too much, but you might need to add lots and lots of additional layers of strokes / cross~hatching to really build up form. Which would look really cool! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Margie
10-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I was kinda inspired by some chalk studies by Michelangelo I saw in Haarlem (Holland), and wanted to make something similar. I'm nowhere close to the level of his drawings but I wasn't expecting as much

I know how that feels!
I went to the Teylersmuseum two weeks ago and I have a lecture with guided tour booked for tomorrow! :bounce:

It's a shame the Teylersmiuseum didn't put up any English pages on the special Michelangelo website. It's quite informatove about the techniques he used. Based on that, I thought I'd try red & black chalk. Still needs a lot of work.
(Painter, about 2 hours)

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/316/figuurstudie0067cb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Corvax
10-23-2005, 07:34 PM
allright started on the second pose. im stil working on it.

http://david87.users.whitehat.dk/ron0201.jpg

Rebeccak
10-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Margie,

Great to see your work here! I really like your piece so far...the upraised hand is quite nice, and it's difficult to tell that this is digital! :) Do you feel that the Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain exercises helped at all? I'm quite curious to know! :)

You may want to consider enlarging the lowered hand, and slightly shrinking the upraised hand (though I really like the feel the exaggerated size of the hand gives the piece).

Corvax,

Wow, looking really nice so far! You've really captured the model's likeness...you are really thinking through to the completion of forms, which is good to see as well. The thing I notice is that his left hand seems a bit small. But really liking your use of strokes and the color pallette. Nice work! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Corvax
10-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Margie: Danish and dutch is quite similar so there really isn't much of a languish barrier that being said it's was really enough for me to see the drawings "live", its quite different then seeing them on print or on a monitor.

Rebeccak: thx. I'm quit happy about it too, I actually enjoy drawing this alot, I find it alot more fun to draw or paint people that are not (in no offence to the model) pretty photo model types so it was grate to see an OFDW whit a model that had abit more character about him.

Margie
10-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Margie,

Great to see your work here! I really like your piece so far...the upraised hand is quite nice, and it's difficult to tell that this is digital! :) Do you feel that the Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain exercises helped at all? I'm quite curious to know! :)

Rebecca, yes, the book helped tremendously. I bought the book and participate in the workshop, not exactly to learn to draw ( I could already do that...sort of), but to overcome some insecurities I felt. It worked like a charm.

The "blocks" I had were doubts about copying Masterworks and using guidelines, even though I knew that was how painters were trained in the Dutch 17th century St. Lucas Guildschools.
I've learned more from one Mastercopy (the Dürer) than I did in two years of Rietveld Academy (right...De Stijl/Bauhaus).

Oh, and about the Bauhaus crowd...I think I've come up with a better punishment than you suggested. Let's lock them up in the Amsterdam Rijksmuseum and make them copy ALL paintings in the Master gallery, lol! The Nightwatch alone should take them a couple of years.

You may want to consider enlarging the lowered hand, and slightly shrinking the upraised hand (though I really like the feel the exaggerated size of the hand gives the piece).

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try that.

Rebeccak
10-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Rebecca, yes, the book helped tremendously. I bought the book and participate in the workshop, not exactly to learn to draw ( I could already do that...sort of), but to overcome some insecurities I felt. It worked like a charm.

The "blocks" I had were doubts about copying Masterworks and using guidelines, even though I knew that was how painters were trained in the Dutch 17th century St. Lucas Guildschools.
I've learned more from one Mastercopy (the Dürer) than I did in two years of Rietveld Academy (right...De Stijl/Bauhaus).
Great! :) I agree, sometimes it's less about what we can or can't do, and more about what we THINK we can or can't do. Have you ever read "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0874776945/002-3125760-7318405?v=glance&n=283155&v=glance)? It's a TERRIFIC book which addresses all sorts of reasons why artists get 'blocked'. I highly recommend it. :)

Oh, and about the Bauhaus crowd...I think I've come up with a better punishment than you suggested. Let's lock them up in the Amsterdam Rijksmuseum and make them copy ALL paintings in the Master gallery, lol! The Nightwatch alone should take them a couple of years.
ROFLMAO...Margie, I like your style! :scream:

~Rebeccak

Arctis
10-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi,
I just pop up to say that I really enjoyed Zhuzhu sketch. Nice study from Zepyhri too.

Rebeccak
10-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Arctis,

Hey, great to see you back! :) Will you be participating in this one?

~Rebeccak

Corvax
10-24-2005, 01:01 AM
update..

http://david87.users.whitehat.dk/ron0202.jpg

Rebeccak
10-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Corvax,

This is really becoming an exceptional piece. The mood of the model is nearly palpable ~ excellent job with really bringing this pose to life! :applause:

Will you be working on the figure in it's entirety, or cropping it as a portrait? I think the portrait is quite strong ~ it's of course up to you. :)

Great work so far ~ I recommend saving this version, then creating a copy, and seeing how far in terms of rendering you can push the copy without losing the liveliness of the brushstrokes.

Looking forward to seeing how far you can take this! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

drawMonger
10-24-2005, 06:53 AM
Lots of lines...
http://digitalcraft.com.au/misc/006-1-3.jpg

Corvax :thumbsup: Corvax :thumbsup: Corvax :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
10-25-2005, 03:35 AM
drawMonger,

Nice!! He needs more of a waist...currently there is little space between the bottom of his last rib and the top of his pelvis...take a look at the reference closely, and notice that his waist should be more defined. I really like the linework!! :thumbsup: It's working really well for you ~ can't wait to see more! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

jcmars
10-25-2005, 04:22 AM
I'm sorry to say I haven't reviewed the rest of the thread, but I'm looking forward to spending some time looking at everyone's work.

Work in progress, just blocking out the painting and getting a feel for the colors and mood. The PSD file is actually 2000x1200 pixels, but I cropped it down to 800x600 for easy viewing purposes. I just realized I forgot to flip it back before saving. Oops.

Appx. 2hrs, Adobe PS7 and Wacom Graphire.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b290/sevenmars/Figurestudy6WIP.jpg

Rebeccak
10-25-2005, 04:27 AM
SevenMars,

It's great to see your work here! :) I think you have a really great start...there is such a nice mood to this piece ~ I think Ron is a really good model who has done a lot to inspire folks here.

I think the challenge for you will be to take this to the next level in terms of rendering without losing the basic atmosphere which you have so nicely established. Make sure to save versions of your file so that you can go back to a previous version if you so desire.

Nice work so far! Looking forward to seeing your next post. Definitely check out the other posts...some very nice work is in this thread already. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

zhuzhu
10-25-2005, 04:54 AM
Sweet zhuzhu, I just downloaded artweaver but when I try to draw, wel... It's not working, I can't even use the fill tool.
Do you think you know why that is?
Thanks!

Artweaver maybe a little bit instability, i don't know why as you said,hope they will do some better update. in Artweaver, i used charcoal pencil brush for those sketchs.you can also do this in Painter,it is the same thing.

drawMonger
10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi Rebecca, shame about my last picture...it's such a waist ;)
Hope this one is better...
http://digitalcraft.com.au/misc/006-1-4.jpg
Thanks again for taking the time to help me to improve my work :)

Corvax
10-26-2005, 04:18 PM
The proses so far and an update ... all in only one post phew :p.

http://david87.users.whitehat.dk/ron0200.jpg

http://david87.users.whitehat.dk/ron0201.jpg

http://david87.users.whitehat.dk/ron0202.jpg

Update: worked a bit on the lights and darks and im starting to paint in all the little details, still a long way to go and I'm noticing some proportional issues :banghead:

http://david87.users.whitehat.dk/ron0204.jpg

Corvax
10-26-2005, 11:37 PM
And done!!

http://david87.users.whitehat.dk/ron0205done.jpg

Rebeccak
10-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Drawmonger,

MUCH better! Not a waist at all ~ or, what a waist! :D

Corvax,

WOW!!! :applause: Really nice work here! :thumbsup: It's really great how you have captured all of the wrinkles and details of the model ~ excellent work!!! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak :D

Amerasu
10-27-2005, 12:58 AM
I love the photos! Many thanks to Ron Eyre. I can't wait to get started on this session. Unfortunately, I'm crazily busy this week (again) and won't manage to get too much done before the weekend but I thought I'd drop in quickly and add a couple of comments for the last couple of pics:)

Corvax Looks fabulous! The way you rendered the details such as the wrinkles on the chest is great. Very nice work! I have to admit that I prefer the sketchy version though - not because it's better, just because I love that sort of artistic style. The only crit I have is perhaps the shading on his left forearm seems a little off as well as on the collar bone but those are minor things. Overall, it looks fantastic :)

drawMonger Looking very good! Is that pen and ink or digital? It's so hard to tell sometimes. As I mentioned above, I like that sketchy style a lot and it's working nicely for you. The hands look great, especially the lower one. I agree with Rebecca on the waist though - it could still be a little short.

SevenMars I know it's a WIP but nice painterly style and great lighting so far! I look forward to seeing your progress. It seems you've already nicely captured the essence of Ron's face.

seth1
10-28-2005, 04:44 AM
zhuzhu: ALlways seem to impress me with your digital work....

Fixed The left side of the guy! Will scan when some guy gets off the comp...
1 hour sketch! Meh! Lots of things i could of done better and should of! THink ill do it again... 3B pencil....
http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/6748/drawingronstudy1hour9ns.jpg

Vidar3d
10-28-2005, 06:44 AM
Hey guys. I haven't been around cgtalk much lately and was excited when I came across this new forum. Super talented work! Amazing to see all of the different styles and interpretations of the same reference. Anyways, I am a bit rusty with life drawing but figured I had better take the plunge and post something. This was a 10 minute gesture sketch on a Wacom in PS 7. I am going to try the other reference tomorrow.

http://www.borderlandgraphics.com/06.jpg

drawMonger
10-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks Amerasu and Rebecca for the great feedback. I really admire the pen drawings from the golden age of illustration (esp. Willy Pogany and W. Heath Robinson)...so really like practicing this style.

Amerasu, this is done in photoshop...although i do like the pen brush in painter a lot too.

edit: How can i forget! my favourite pen artist is Heinrich Kley :bowdown: http://www.bpib.com/illustrat/kley.htm
(warning: Bud Plant's site is addictive)

Rebeccak
10-28-2005, 11:53 AM
drawMonger,

You're welcome! :) Keep up the good work! Would you mind adding this link to the Favorite Figurative Artists (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=282224&highlight=Favorite+artists) thread? :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

drawMonger
10-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Would you mind adding this link to the Favorite Figurative Artists (http://showthread.php?t=282224&highlight=Favorite+artists) thread?
Done! Thanks for the link!!

Nigh7shad3
10-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Hello everybody, I'm new to CGtalk (Just registered :)). Chanced upon this workshop thread and figured to give it a go...still have a lot to learn. Great work here, alot of amazing talents.

My first try, 20mins, chalk/charcoal on black. Painter 8

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/Nigh7shad3/oldmanportrait.jpg

SpiritDreamer
10-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi Rebecca
Trying something different this time and new for me.
Going to keep it in Black and White.
Using water color brushes, Painter 8.
#1 sharp edges all over
#2 starting to soften up edges on shadow side
Want to see what these brushes are capable of.
We'll see how far I can refine it without ruining it.
Take care
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_1.JPG

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_2.jpg

Rebeccak
10-29-2005, 12:45 AM
seth1,

Missed your post, great to see you back! :) I think you have some interesting areas of drawing in your piece, but need to focus on getting the overall lay~in (rough drawing / proportions) established before going in and focusing on details. What you are missing is the big picture, which you need to really nail down first. For example, the arm is rather long, and the lower torso / pelvis too small relative to his upper torso / chest / back. But the actual drawing style is quite nice, so I would just recommend reconsidering the proportions of the piece. Hope to see further work on this! :)

Vidar3d,

My apologies, I missed your post earlier as well! Welcome to the Anatomy Forum! :) I think you have well established the basics of the figure here. What I would recommend your doing is to fill the bkgrd with a mid~gray, and working the lights and darks gradually in successive layers on top. A piece like this is really all about the tweaking of value relationships.

Check out this Tutorial, or Demo, rather, which I put together from a piece which I did for the OFDW 002: TUTORIAL - Digital Figurative Painting from OFDW - by Rebeccak. (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=275436)You will find that what I most emphasize to people is VALUE relationships ~ it's the basis of all good drawing and particularly painting.

Hope to see further progress on your piece! Also, let us know something about yourself / bkgrd / training, etc. :)

DrawMonger,

Thanks for posting all of those great links! I checked them all out briefly, and will definitely go back to peruse them more thoroughly later on! :thumbsup:

Nigh7shad3,

Welcome to the Anatomy Forum as well! :) You've got quite a nice and interesting start here, but you may have to invert this piece if you want to start to bring up values, as currently your outer line is light, and the interior dark. This is a nice effect, but if you plan to build up values, it may present a problem for you. It would be nice to know a bit about your background and training. :)

SpiritDreamers,

Great to see you guys back in full force! :) I think you've got a nice start here, and have established the proportions very well. I think it would be nice if you developed this piece along the lines of a classical sculpture, as Ron really has a physique which is condusive to that kind of piece. Try to really make the forms feel as dimensional as you can without going over the top. I look forward to seeing how this piece develops! :)

Great to see so much good work happening! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

jcmars
10-29-2005, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

RebeccaK, I had an art teacher who told me that it takes two people to make art: One person to make the art and one person to hit the artist over the head and tell him or her when it's done. ;) I'm enjoying taking a more painterly approach to this workshop and I hope I can restrain myself from over-working the piece. Thanks for the suggestion--I'm saving a new file after any major edits, so I can revisit past versions if I need to.

I agree that Ron is a very nice model, and there's a lot of diversity and good work on this thread as a result.

Corvax, I really love the texture of the wrinkled skin pulling up around the abdomen on your finished piece. It's really nice.

I was out of town part of this week on a business trip, so I haven't had a lot of time to work on my painting. I've been focusing on the face, and cropped a close-up for my next WIP post.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b290/sevenmars/Figurestudy6WIP2closeup.jpg

Rebeccak
10-29-2005, 06:06 AM
SevenMars,

Lol, thanks for that quote! :) I think you're doing a really nice job with this ~ nice progress so far! I would caution you not to go too light / too pasty on the skintones too soon ~ you would be surprised how dark even light appearing skin can be in places. Reserve your whitest whites for pure highlight ~ everything else should be (in terms of value) a midtone gray or a dark.

I would also encourage you to start to blend some of the areas here. I like that you've kept a limited pallette, which is enabling you to see and isolate the different areas of light and dark. Keep working! You are definitely making progress, and it's great to see your update! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Nigh7shad3
10-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the critique, Rebeccak. That's exactly what I need to keep me motivated :thumbsup:
Alot of interesting interpretation and approach trying to capture Ron here. SevenMars, I like your WIP-looks like you got most of the stuff down and I agree about overdoing an artwork lol
:)

A lil bit about myself: Recently graduated from Limkokwing University here in Malaysia, with a diploma in classical animation. Planning to apply to the Academy of Art in San Fran..taking the BFA course in animation and visual effects. We had life drawing classes back in college but somehow I feel that the emphasis on figure drawing was lacking. Good thing our lecturer introduced us to Glen Vilppu's work during our final semester though-which is why I've decided to join this amazing online workshop. Looking forward to making new friends along the way too:applause:

Here's a ''touched-up'' version of my previous drawing. Added some monochromatic hues and refined the form of Ron's face.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/Nigh7shad3/oldmanportrait2.jpg

Rebeccak
10-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, couldn't resist at least starting a drawing for this OFDW...it's been a while for me posting work, so guilt had start to set in. :blush: At any rate, this is just a beginning, but it was refreshing to work traditionally...there are definite benefits vs. digital, and vice versa. :)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/OFDW%20006/Ron2.jpg

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
10-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Nigh7shad3,

Nice to hear more about your background! :) Good luck with your school plans, and let us know what happens. :)

It's good to see your update! I think you ought to go for more of a realistic approach, using realistic colors ~ I think you will get more out of the Workshop that way, but of course, style is totally up to you. :) Hope to see more updates soon!

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
10-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Hi all... thanks to Ron for these pictures, I'd actually been wondering if I could request an older model at some point, much as I like the smooth skin of the younger models, there is something wonderful about the texture of older skin, the way it fits over muscles and veins and its translucency. I've always loved the way old masters painted older skin, the elements of blues and greens they used. So naturallyI jumped at this thread! I'd love to do an oil study of one of those poses eventually but work and time in general fights me at the moment, but I have both images on my harddrive, for future reference!

And here's my current effort. I'm trying to work on the bits of the body I have weakness in, mainly the leg (thigh in particular) and the forearm. I'm working on a cheapo sketch pad with an h and hb pencil, as thats all I currently have at my disposal (being at work).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/xephyri/cgtalk%20images/ronarm.jpg
Zephyri,

Somehow, I missed your post ~ beautiful work! :arteest:I agree with you completely about older models and oil paintings by old masters ~ are you a fan of Zurbaran? I think you would really love his work.

Here is an example of Zurbaran's work:

http://www.artunframed.com/images/compressed8/zurbaran565.jpg
http://www.artunframed.com/images/compressed8/zurbaran565.jpg

~Rebeccak

pushav
10-30-2005, 02:25 AM
Rebecca-How do you get your tonal sketches to scan so clean or are you using a digital camera. Evertime I scan my tonal drawing, they come out looking bad. What am I doing wrong. I am scanning at 300 dpi and it still looks bad. Even on britsol
Teach me your magics. Yeah magics:banghead:

I should join in on this one maybe.

Rebeccak
10-30-2005, 03:04 AM
pushav,

I use a digital camera (a Canon Power Shot SD200 Digital Elph), then in Photoshop, tweak the levels, use the dodge tool, adjust Brightness / Contrast etc. in addition to adding a color layer and playing with the Blending Modes. It's the only way I can get a 'clean' image ~ and even then it's not all that clean. I usually end up shooting pics in my kitchen, as it's the only place I have fluorescent + incandescent light. I still end up with kinda crappy shots sometimes, but thank goodness for the magic of your friend and mine, PS. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

erilaz
10-30-2005, 01:47 PM
This is a "What to do while you should be doing something else" study. :D Only about 30mins on this one, with lots to improve on, obviously. More time on this and I might be able to bring out something worthwhile!
Sorry Rebecca, couldn't resist the urge!
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/5277/roneyre9006v001jpg5cx.jpg

drawMonger
10-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Rebecca, there's a wonderful fluid and alive quality to your sketch...this is the type of thing that i'd like to achieve in my drawings -- you make it look so easy (pushav, I can relate to -> :banghead: ).

Did you use charcoal or pencil and on what size paper?

Cheers!

and erilaz! stop studying and draw :twisted:

NOOB!
10-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Well, couldn't resist at least starting a drawing for this OFDW...it's been a while for me posting work, so guilt had start to set in. :blush: At any rate, this is just a beginning, but it was refreshing to work traditionally...there are definite benefits vs. digital, and vice versa. :)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/OFDW%20006/Ron2.jpg

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

oooh yeh,now i remember why i admire rebecca..almost forgot why i bother with her sumtimes...:twisted:

Rebeccak
10-30-2005, 02:58 PM
oooh yeh,now i remember why i admire rebecca..almost forgot why i bother with her sumtimes...:twisted:
ROFL...very funny, NOOBEDLY NOOB! :scream: What would I be without a tag team of hecklers to make me grow gray hair prematurely and shorten my life? Nothing, I say! :scream: Yeah, we love ya, too. ;)

~Rebeccak

NOOB!
10-30-2005, 03:11 PM
lol.for some reason the word premature makes me shudder...

what type of paper are you using there Ms Kimmel? it looks bumpyfied/granified,probably better for charcoal,i needs some...

Rebeccak
10-30-2005, 03:13 PM
NOOB,

It's just regular old newsprint (rough textured ~ can't get smooth any longer) ~ I added a bit of a Photoshoppe texture to hide some of the imperfections of the digital picture. ;)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
10-30-2005, 03:49 PM
This is a "What to do while you should be doing something else" study. :D Only about 30mins on this one, with lots to improve on, obviously. More time on this and I might be able to bring out something worthwhile!
Sorry Rebecca, couldn't resist the urge!
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/5277/roneyre9006v001jpg5cx.jpg
Martin, only just now saw your sketch! Not at all, I think it's great to see you doing the OFDWs! :thumbsup: It's nice to see you carrying over the technique to figure drawing / painting...I'm sure were you to give all of your attention to this, you would produce a beautiful piece! :thumbsup: Definitely looking forward to your participating in future OFDWs! :bounce:

Rebecca, there's a wonderful fluid and alive quality to your sketch...this is the type of thing that i'd like to achieve in my drawings -- you make it look so easy (pushav, I can relate to -> :banghead: ).

Did you use charcoal or pencil and on what size paper?
drawMonger, just saw your post as well! Thank you! :) It's the typical charcoal pencil which I use ~ this post in the Life Drawing thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=2697744&postcount=96) shows the materials which both Pixel Colada and I use (it's what they taught us in school, I know no different!) :scream: and have stuck with ever since. I'm working on rough newsprint, 18" x 24" on an easel. May as well take a picture to show you...will post that soon. :)

Here's my setup ~ nothing special, just folding easel + newsprint.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/OFDW%20006/setup.jpg

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pushav
10-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Digital camera?! Hmmmmm. I would try it but i dont feel like installing the software on my computer lol. I used to have and easel but I dislike them. Flat surfaces for me like at dinner table.
Nice work all keep it up.:thumbsup:

Nigh7shad3
10-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Ugh..painting realistically..what a pain :D

RebeccaK

Nice flowy, controlled lines you got there. You brought out most of the flesh and bones by using simple strokes/shading. :thumbsup:

Erliaz

Great start, we could actually see the tonal values and the form. I'd suggest using a pen/charcoal (or any dry media) to further emphasize the figure by building over what you already have. :)

And as for myself, I am still struggling with the human skin. Might as well give it a shot, so here are the WIP pics of Ron:

Painter8-digital oils

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/Nigh7shad3/oldmanoilWIP.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/Nigh7shad3/oldmanoilWIP2.jpg

Still experimenting and figuring out how to use painter 8...any help/tips/suggestions/critiques are always welcomed. :)

Rebeccak
10-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Nigh7shad3,

Hey, good to see your progress! :) You can paste the URL of your Photobucket images into the little mountain / sun icon in the text editor which you can get back to by clicking "Edit Post" in your post window. That way, folks can see your images without clicking on a link. :)

I actually recommend trying the approach Martin / erilaz is using, which is to use only grayscale values at first to build form. It's a great approach, and limits the set of factors with which you have to contend when digitally painting. :) Steven Stahlberg has a great tutorial on his website which outlines this method of painting (http://www.androidblues.com/JealousyStepbystep/jealousystep.html). I definitely recommend checking it out! :)

Also, you may want to check out this demo I put together for a value study piece I did for OFDW 002:
TUTORIAL - Digital Figurative Painting from OFDW - by Rebeccak. (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=275436)

Samanthie did an incredible COLOR digital painting tutorial here:
TUTORIAL - Digital Figure Painting - by Samanthie (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=274082&highlight=samanthie)

Hope these provide some useful information which you can then continue to use in your piece! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

NOOB!
10-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Digital camera?! Hmmmmm. I would try it but i dont feel like installing the software on my computer lol. I used to have and easel but I dislike them. Flat surfaces for me like at dinner table.
Nice work all keep it up.:thumbsup:

the reason people that draw with big paper have easels is because if ur where to draw at a desk ur pic would become distorted.

pushav
10-30-2005, 07:56 PM
the reason people that draw with big paper have easels is because if ur where to draw at a desk ur pic would become distorted.

Maybe lol maybe. I like to tower over my work. I dont see how people use easels. It feels weird.
I work better on a smaller paper large as I go is 11 by 14 but that becomes costly depending on the timing.

Vidar3d
10-31-2005, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, the helpful suggestions, and for the link to your WIP. As you requested, a bit about me: I am an Art Director for a specialty printing company in the Pacific Northwest. We specialize in providing labeling and branding for the wine industry. I graduated from college a few years ago with a degree in computer animation. Turned out I didn't like it all that well once I had to start doing it for a living. I am hoping to get into more illustration and have worked recently doing some freelance storyboards. (fun stuff). Anyway I am hoping to use this form to sharpen and expand my skills as well as get a chance to get some inspiration from the other excellent posts of the other participants.

My latest attempts, I didn't make it too much past catching the gesture but did start laying down some values as per your suggestion.

http://www.borderlandgraphics.com/06a.jpg
http://www.borderlandgraphics.com/06b.jpg

Rebeccak
10-31-2005, 05:35 AM
Vidar3d,

You're welcome! It's always nice to have new folks aboard, especially those who really are enthusiastic about the OFDWs! :)

Yep, I definitely think you are on the right track here...lots of digital artists / illustrators work this way, with black / white first in Photoshop and/or Painter, and then creating color later thru use of the Blending Modes in Photoshop. It definitely simplifies the process of digital painting, and allows artists to focus on what is truly important in a painting, which is building form thru areas of light and dark. The key thing to remember with value is that all value is relative ~ put the same gray next to a lighter or darker value, and it will appear differently. Constructing paintings through value is a bit like putting a puzzle together. Your values must interlock in order to make sense to the viewer.

Enough rambling. :) I recommend using a Soft Round brush (it looks like you're using a Hard Brush, more difficult to blend) at a low opacity and flow setting (like 50% each). Remember that you can also use your smudge and blur tools to blend values together (so long as you are working on a flattened layer ~ though you may want to copy merge and paste your work to a new layer to preserve your layers up to that point).

Looks good! Looking forward to seeing more updates. Thanks for telling us about yourself, too. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

drawMonger
10-31-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi Rebecca, thanks for showing the materials you use. I'm starting a local life drawing group (16 Nov is our first gathering) so needed to get the low-down on materials...you and everyone here are inspirational....can't wait for OFDW 007 :bounce:

andreja
10-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Here is my study:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/Andreja/Detail_Head.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/Andreja/Akt06a.jpg

eyrebrush
10-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi, everyone!

I don't get much time these days to say much about the work being produced in these Workshops, but I have to say I'm amazed at the quality of the work here! It's a real eye-opener for me as the model! (lol). Do you really HAVE to paint everything you see? ..... all those wrinkles! Durrrrrrrrrr!! Can't you use a little 'artistic licence' ....... and leave out some of those wrinkles?:scream: LOL! This is a very revealing experience for me!

I find this work all the more incredible - now that I'm becoming more familiar with these workshops - on realizing that all the work is being done using a MOUSE! I HAVE tried using the mouse to draw and paint on the screen, but I just HAVEN'T the same control as when using a pencil or a brush where I can rest the side of my hand on the paper and move and bend my fingers. I have used an easel a lot during my career, where I have no support for my arm - but even there - I control the fine manoeuvrings for fine detail using some movement of my fingers. For me this is a whole new ball-game! I have to admit that I do NOT have the facility of 'Photoshop'! I DO have 'Coral Paint' where there are extensive facilities for drawing and painting 'on screen'. There is a lot here I have not fathomed out yet, but I HAVE tried to draw using the mouse. I felt so handicapped with only being able to use my wrist and arm. With finer detail my movements were jurky.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying viewing the progression of your work, and am truely pleased - and humbled - seeing my efforts as a model being put to such good use. I'm on a learning curve here myself ..... being on the 'other' side of the canvass! Well done, all of you!

SpiritDreamer
10-31-2005, 10:43 PM
Hi Ron
Dump the mouse, it's like trying to paint with a shovel.
Get a wacom tablet, and pen, you,ll be amazed.
Ask anyone on here about it, they will tell you the details.
Thanks for the good poses, by the way.
Take Care
Glenn

eyrebrush
10-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Thanks very much, Glen.
LOL! WHAT is a wacom tablet?? Durrrrrr! I'm on five tablets a day now as it is! Hehehehe!

SpiritDreamer
10-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi Rebecca
Didn't have much luck with the water colors in Painter 8.
Forgot they act like they are dry when you press save.
Can't change them afterwards, wet on wet etc. Oh Well.
Tried to make him look sculptural anyway.
Worked on face some.
Didn't want to have a total loss so I had some fun experimenting
with layers this morning.
Don't ask me what it means.
I haven't figured it out yet.
But that is part of the fun.
I can imagine that is what Dali would have said, Ha Ha.
Tell Ron about the wacom tablet and pen.
Can't believe he is trying to paint with a mouse.
Looked at his paintings.
Great stuff.
He'll probably love painting in digital once he has the right tools.
ANyway
Take Care
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_12.JPG

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_12_cropped.JPG

SpiritDreamer
10-31-2005, 11:59 PM
Ron:

A couple links to Wacom...great for art...
Put the links for England...
http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/index.asp (http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/index.asp)

http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/index.asp (http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/index.asp)

http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/products/intuos/index.asp (http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/products/intuos/index.asp)

The small ones I think start at $99 in the US and it works great.
That is the one I use with Painter.

Glenn

Rebeccak
11-01-2005, 05:35 AM
andreja,

Wow, some BEAUTIFUL work here! :thumbsup: I'm thrilled to see you take part in the OFDWs ~ I really hope you will continue to do so! :)

The detailing and texturing on the face is really great ~ I love the spareness of your painting, as well as its capturing of the mood of Ron's pose. I think the lower body, eg, legs, flatten out just a little bit, but overall this is just a great piece, and I'm excited to see your work for this thread! :)

Ron,

We're thrilled to have you as part of the Workshop! Thanks so much for your generosity and time, and for the work you did for zhuzhu! Your efforts here are greatly appreciated. :)

If you want to paint digitally, run, do not walk, to your nearest computer store and purchase yourself an inexpensive Wacom tablet. I have a small 6 x 8 Wacom tablet which works just fine for my purposes. Mine cost around $100 a few years ago. Basically a Wacom tablet allows you to draw with a digital pen on a surface that is like a mousepad, only it reads the actions of your pen, so that you can basically use the pen as you would any traditional pen or pencil. The great thing about working digitally is the Great Undo, or Ctrl + Z, which allows you to fix any and all mistakes that you make whilst painting! It's a fabulous luxury!

Feel free to ask anyone here questions about how to get set up with one, should you decide to go that route. We'd be glad to help. :)

SpiritDreamer,

Hey there, I have to say I'm not crazy about the seeming Bevel / Emboss effect on the figure. The reason is that it's too easy an effect to achieve, vs. painting the figure as you have done in the past ~ and it doesn't fit with the style of the surrounding figures. I think you have to think of the style in relation to the theme of your painting, and I can't imagine that this effect really contributes to the support of that theme. For example, the transparent effects make sense on the dragon and flowers, but I really can't get my head around the central figure's style. But, of course, that is just my opinion. ;)

You do a great job with animals / mythical ones in particular. I've now seen a few dragons crop up, and you seem quite comfortable painting them.

Your colors right now are too basic / primary. Try to go after more subtle hues, and try to lead the viewer's eye around thru the use of color ~ don't saturate the entire image, only use highly saturated areas of color for emphasis.

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this piece! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

eyrebrush
11-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Gee! Thanks, Glenn and Rebecca!

I've been examining these tablets and pens on the URLS that you gave me, and seen the demonstrations. It's a fascinating concept! I would certainly love to have a go on one.

However, I'm not sure that the cost of buying one would warrant the use I would get out of it. For it to be useful to me for the work that I do - it would need to have a 17" screen - or larger. I have mixed feelings about it:

Advantages: Nice and clean - no mess! (lol). One could do hundreds of paintings, and store them all on the puter or on CDs without taking up much physical space. I have to use the attic upstairs to store all my canvasses and portfolios of drawings and watercolours!

For me personally, it would be a new adventure. I think it is a unique (but DIFFERENT) medium to explore. It has it’s own characteristics.

Disadvantages: When I say ‘it’s own characteristics’ I mean that literally. Although it perports to be able to simulate watercolour and oil paint, etc., it IS only a simulation, and it CANNOT, at least for me, display the true ‘freshness’ and unique character of water colouring techniques, for example – laying down a wash with paynes grey for a sky, thinning it with water as I progress down the paper, then adding a couple of dabs of yellow ochre, which ‘pushes’ the paynes grey away and works it’s way down the paper a little with the tilt of the paper! Produces WONDERFUL cloud effects! I love to work in different ways with oil paint; can a tablet simulate smearing and scratching the paint – and ‘rolling’ thin lines with a palette knife?

Having said all this, pleeeeeez, pleeeeeez, don’t let me put you off using your tablets! LOL! I CAN see the great advantages of it for ease in your participation with these digital internet workshop sessions, and I applaud it! You are incredibly good at what you do!

LOL! You’ll have to forgive this old ‘codger’ for being ‘set in his ways’! I’m having difficulty keeping up with all this modern technology!

Just one point in question: to Glenn: your painting of me – (with which I’m most thrilled, I have to say!) - doesn’t seem to ‘fit me in’ to the background very well. I look as if I’ve been cast in bronze! Is this intentional?

Ronnie

SpiritDreamer
11-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Hi Ron
I think you will get your money's worth, and then some, if you buy a tablet, and pen.
You'll find out, that each method of painting, has it's advantages, and disadvantages.
Besides, if I have to learn to type, at my age, which is totally new to me, then you
have to learn something new too, that sounds fare to me..LOL..
Rebecca told me you had a sculptural look, and that I should paint you that way, so I
did, but don't worry I unbronzed you today..you look much better now. I painted you
useing the oil brushes in painter 8, with my pen and tablet. I think you are starting to
fit into the painting better now. Still have a lot of work to do on it, but I think it has
improved. Rebecca will help me improve it even further, I hope,she has that eagle eye.
She see's things that I always miss. I will post it shortly, as soon as miss spirit dreamer
gets home,still have not learned that part myself..your not the only one new to all this
new age stuff.
Well will talk to you later, and I hope you like the new version of my painting better
Remember, it's not all the way done yet.
Take Care
Glenn

SpiritDreamer
11-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi Rebecca
Did the things you suggested
Toned down colors
Made the bright areas more selective
Painted Ron using the oil brushes in Painter 8
Tried to use the same style as I did on Liang's dress, Brush strokes etc
Don't know if I pulled it off successfully or not
Never tried to paint a human figure that way before
"Post Impressionistic", I guess
Still alot left to do on it
Thanks for the great help and advice.
Could always use some more.
When you get a moment let me know what you think
Take Care
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_20.JPG

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_20_body.JPG

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_20_face.JPG

Rebeccak
11-02-2005, 12:01 AM
SpiritDreamer,

I like this lots better ~ it feels like the fake stuff has been peeled away ~ and even if the result isn't as easy to get, you will be more satisfied, I think, working this way ~ I think Ron's assessment, that the figure looked 'bronzed', was quite accurate, and spoke more to the effect of the piece than the substance. I think you're definitely on the right track now, and just really need to refine those value relationships! It's all about tweaking at this point. Really try to make certain areas of the figure stand out through subtle dark and light contrast. Don't overdo ~ just slowly refine the figure. You may want to mask it out / etc. so you are just working on the figure, and not the bkgrd.

Looking good, SD! Definitely keep going with the painting on this. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

eyrebrush
11-02-2005, 06:27 AM
I'm tempted to purchase one of these tablets. I'll have to save up for one! Can't afford one right now. Tell me, though, will this device work with ANY art software? I do not have Photoshop. This would be another expensive item! I DO have Coral Draw and Coral Paint, which have very extensive facilities including a wide range of brushes, pencils, spray-guns, etc, as well as hundreds of shades of colour. It has MANY other facilities also.

Rebeccak
11-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Ron,

You don't HAVE to purchase anything you don't want. ;) A tablet does work with any software, you can browse Explorer with it, it is just like a mouse, except more flexible in terms of drawing. It's basically a skinny mouse. :)

It would help with Corel Paint, I suppose, but if you work primarily Traditionally, then why bother getting a Wacom Tablet? I think it's only worth it if you are planning to do a lot of painting digitally. Otherwise, it will just end up gathering dust. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
11-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi Ron
Rebecca is right, if you are happy painting the way you do, then that is what counts
the most. But on the other hand, you can experiment with colors, and countless other
things, much more cheaply, and faster, than in the traditional way.Useing the pen and
tablet with the painter programs, allows you much more flexability, and room to explore
at a much cheaper cost. The pen acts just like a brush, the harder you press down with
it on the tablet, the broader the stroke gets, also blends colors, and mixes them right on
the screen as you are painting, Also in painter 8 and 9, the water colors do run and mix,
just like the real deal...MAGIC...you can always apply what you learn while useing painter
to your traditional paintings, and vise versa.
Just thought I would express my thoughts, on the subject in case you were interested.
I have been useing painter, with pen and tablet, for five or six years now, and have
learned a lot more about color ect. than I could have in a traditional manner, do to the
cost of paints and canvas. Painter..tablet..and pen, are just another set of tools that
can be used to your advantage, if you so choose
Take Care, and have a great day Ron
Glenn

eyrebrush
11-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Glenn.

I HAVE taken Rebecca's observation on board - her comment is valid; I don't want to fork out a lot of dosh on something that may gather dust in the course of time!

HOWEVER! (lol) - having said that, YOUR comments DO make the purchase inviting - this notion of it being able to take the place of a mouse! I suffer at times with wrist ache. I use a roller-ball mouse to do fine adjustments to photographs, etc., using a clone tool and stuff. The other type of mouse I have less control with. Can the pen be used - as with a mouse - to negotiate general computer maneouverings? If I had free arm and wrist movement to pick out items to 'click' on using the pen it would be superior to the mouse. Just one question: can the pen drag an object from one place to another? Will I still have to keep the mouse connected to do stuff like that?

LOL! Glenn - I'm not wishing to impose on you much with all this computer technical stuff; I'm sure you want to be getting on with your artwork! this forum should be confined STRICTLY to drawing and painting!

Ronnie.

SpiritDreamer
11-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi Ron
The pen can do anything the mouse can do, but better..
It's nicer, to be able to sit further away from computer
screen, with pen in hand, no cord..and tablet on your lap.
About the same as when you draw, with a pad of paper on
your lap, while sitting in a comfortable chair.
A lot easier on your wrist, and posture, for sure.
Hope I have been helpfull to you in some small way.
It's the least I can do, in return for your nice poses
Take Care
Glenn

eyrebrush
11-02-2005, 11:31 PM
LOL! Thanks, Glenn! I'm getting more and more warmed up to this gadget! It's just the dosh that worries me! Can't seem to be able to work it out in English pounds. All prices seem to be in euros! As far as I can make it out it would appear to be around £700 - 800 - just for a 15" screen! Can I ask you ... What size is yours ..... and how much did it rush you for, in dollars? For me the total cost would obviously have to include shipping as well, AND probably a blue chip!

Ronnie.

Rebeccak
11-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Hey Ron, :)

Surely they sell these in the UK? I would just call up a computer store and ask about it. I'm sure it's going to be WAY cheaper to buy it there than to order one from abroad. :)

Whatever you decide, I hope it works for the best! I do think it would alleviate wrist strain ~ by A LOT. It just depends on how much work you do on the computer.

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
11-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Ron
Maybe we should be doing all this equipment discussion in private e-mails.
You could modify your profile information to accept private message (on CGTalk)
Or write me at my home e-mail that you can go to from my profile.
(click on my screen name above my parrot avitar and you can select
private message or e-mail)

You shouldn't need a larger screen to utilize a tablet to draw with. Large screens are nice but til recently we had a 13" monitor and it worked fine. I think now ours is 17" flat screen but we only bought it because we had to buy a whole new computer a year or so ago.
It is always more expensive to buy the screen alone...looks like Dell site has a 17" for 202. pounds
http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=35552&c=uk&l=en&cs=ukdhs1&category_id=2999&page=external (http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=35552&c=uk&l=en&cs=ukdhs1&category_id=2999&page=external)

Here are a couple Euro/dollar/pound etc converter sites I found through Google search, maybe they would help:
http://www.sysmod.com/eurocalc/eurocalc.php (http://www.sysmod.com/eurocalc/eurocalc.php)
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html (http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html)
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u (http://finance.yahoo.com/currency?u)

It looks like the tablet similar to ours (the small one) gives a cost as 99,99 Euro even though we were going to the site specifying UK (100 Euro seems to be 120 dollars)
http://www.wacom-europe.com/int/products/graphire4/index.asp?lang=en&pdx=11 (http://www.wacom-europe.com/int/products/graphire4/index.asp?lang=en&pdx=11)

My recommendation? Going to your local computer store, telling them what you are interested in and then asking what is on sale!!

Rebecca is going to put us in the Dog House if we aren't discussing art on this forum!

Glenn

PS My wife (Mrs Spirit Dreamer) has relatives in Birkenhead!
PSS Let us know if this helps at all and if you have any luck!

Somhairle
11-03-2005, 04:04 AM
Thanks very much, Glen.
LOL! WHAT is a wacom tablet?? Durrrrrr! I'm on five tablets a day now as it is! Hehehehe! http://www.iol.ie/~somhairle/gif/sb_laugh.gif HAHAHAHAHAHA......AAAAHHHH.....(breath).....HAHAHA

That's the funniest thing I've read today! reminds me of my friend's reaction (TOTALLY PC illiterate at the time) to when I was going to back up my stuff onto CD: "Jesus!...don't BURN it!"

hahahaha.....thanks Ron! http://www.iol.ie/~somhairle/gif/sb_laugh.gif

Rebeccak
11-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Awww, Somhairle,

Everyone's new to digital stuff at some point...me, LOL, I've come to computers pretty late, and while I'm addicted now, I can remember a time when I was completely adverse to them ~ quite the opposite of Ron, who has embraced technology, has his own website, and participates in online forums ~ which I'm highly impressed by! :) Ask me about specs and I'll probably think you're talking about dirt ~ LOL! :blush:

Hey! And when will you be joining us here for the OFDWs?! :wavey:

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
11-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi Rebecca
Been painting on Ron's figure. Trying to get more accuracy of muscle placement
without losing the spontenaity in brush strokes. Also put a golden tint on him in
the second piece to see if I could get him to go with the rest of the painting's colors more.
Working from left of figure to right, light to dark. About 3/4 of the way there, I think.
Head right shoulder and arm in shadow still untouched. Will work on them next.
Different way of painting for me. No tricks just straight painting with oil brush, Painter 8.
Think I am starting to get the hang of it. Feels more comfortable anyway.
Still alot of room for improvement.
Let me know what you think when you get a chance.
Also, is it my imagination or am I the only one on here posting lately?
Have you started #7? I couldn't find it posted anywhere.
Take care
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron-24.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron-25.jpg

SpiritDreamer
11-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Hi Rebecca
Finished up most of figure
Can't get him to have the same expression as photo
Don't know what I'm not seeing that is making his expression different.
Mouth maybe don't know
Has a definite character anyway
Angry goes better with surroundings maybe
The last one is an experiment
Puts him center stage, everything else secondary
Has a oneness about it that is lacking in the first one
Colors I guess. Definitely surreal
If I had a story for this one, it would be man contemplating life,
symbolized by dragon head at his feet, and flowers symbol of nature,
is also contemplating death symbolized by skull, and also life after death
symbolized by man on horse with cross coming out of the mouth of death.
The face behind him would be the goddess of nature and the
big male face looking at him, the old testament angry wrathful male god.
Man surrounded by his thoughts of life, death, eternity and mortality.
How's that for a story?
Good imagination, huh?
Let me know what you think when you get time.
Take care
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron-28.jpg

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron-28_close.JPG

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron-30.jpg

Rebeccak
11-04-2005, 11:50 PM
SpiritDreamer,

Yes, I think things have slowed a bit, :) but it's to be expected ~ people will come and go unpredictably. Hopefully more people will post for OFDW 007, but it's impossible to know. :) No OFDW 007 yet, don't worry. ;)

With respect to your piece, watch the proportions of the legs ~ the knees look a bit low. I would also recommend starting to tighten up the painting of the overall figure ~ currently, it looks as though the figure almost has a loose skin, which is not an effect you want. I would also recommend adding a bit of saturation / color to the skin, after you have established your value relationships to a greater degree.

I'm not sure that the man's face on the right is doing much to help the piece ~ it's a lot more unfinished than any of the other figures, so you might want to render that a bit more, so it makes sense with the piece.

Keep going, SD! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
11-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi Rebecca
Me again....
Made radical and subtle changes.
Color, compostition, proportion.
Gave him anger, no doubt left there.
Big face on right, gave anger also.
Might take that one out of picture altogether.
Just have him looking into the emptiness of darkeness.
Don't know how that will effect composition, yet.
Adjusted his knees, higher now. You were right.
Not sure what you meant about saggy loose skin.
Older people have saggy loose skin after all, don't they?
Comes to all with the passage of time.
Like the colors better now.
Also made him bigger in composition.
Looks better I think.
Dragon skull smaller also, less distracting.
Still playing with this idea.
Let me know what you think.
You know I really value your opinion, and advice.
Hope your teaching class is going great.
And you're not getting too many gray hairs.
Take care
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron-35_close.JPG

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron-35.JPG

eyrebrush
11-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Hi, Glenn!

You have my full permission to take away as much sagging loose skin as you like! Hehehehe! Artistic liscence???? (lol).
I've loved the way your work had been progressing with all the 'fleshy' colours being introduced. However, I can't understand why you've suddenly ladled so much white over the figure! You've lost all that colour!
Regarding the head: I can see a hundred and one differences! (lol). Can I suggest you crop and print out the head from both your painting and the original resource photograph? Place them side by side - as I have just done! The head looks squashed downwards! The downward curve of the line through the eyebrows is too severe - distorting the line of the eyes! The head should be taller ... straighter: look at the line going up the back! Also the corner of the mouth curves down too much. Sorry Glenn! Trying to be helpfull! Just compare the two images side by side!

Ronnie.

Rebeccak
11-06-2005, 04:10 PM
SpiritDreamer,

I think that for some reason, this piece is turning out a bit flat ~ I think you ought to isolate the figure in a separate document, and work it up there. As it is, you're trying too hard to integrate it into a finished composititon, and as such, I think are possibly blending it in color~wise too prematurely. Can you copy and paste just the figure into a new document, and work on it there against a gray background? I really think this might help you to focus on the figure.

Also, I agree with Ron, I like the face as you had done it before ~ having him look angry is not necessarily adding to the piece, I don't think ~ the likeness was quite good before ~ if you can move back in that direction, I think that might be help the piece as well. :)

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
11-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi Ron and Rebecca
Ron
Did what you suggested. More skull and face. Finished figure with flesh colors.
Made proportions look more like photo, etc.
Used expressive brush strokes. More "painterly".
Less wrinkles, loose skin.
Just for you, Ron. Ha Ha lol
Lost the "Michaelangelo" look of figure in the process.
Last judgement period.
But its only paint.
Learned alot in the process. That's what counts.
Thanks for the help, Ron and Rebecca. Really appreciate it alot.
Take Care
Glenn

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_40_face.JPG

http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_40.JPG

Rebeccak
11-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Definitely better, Spirit Dreamer! Now I think it's about making the transitions between values a bit more subtle / smooth.

Nice work! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

SpiritDreamer
11-06-2005, 05:11 PM
http://artbyglenngallegos.com/images/Ron_41.JPG

Hi...Figure more dominant in compostion, what do you think?

Rebeccak
11-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Better ~ I think it makes more sense. ;)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

TheDagger
11-06-2005, 09:21 PM
It's been a while since I posted anything on this forum. =/ I'm currently trying to experiment with a slightly different technique than what I have used before. I'm hoping to achieve somewhat more painterly feeling than in my old pieces and also trying to avoid the blur that sometimes haunts my pics.

I also think that I should start reading those Loomis's books and maybe I should start my own anatomy thread some day in hope of getting my lazy ass finally start studying anatomy properly. :)

Here's my sketch for this thread. The likeness may not be the best possible but I had fun painting it. I'll try to get back to it tomorrow.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/dagger/w6p2v1.jpg

Rebeccak
11-06-2005, 09:37 PM
TheDagger,

Nice start you have here! I think what remains is to really start going after the subtle value shifts in your painting. Limiting your pallette is a good idea. I would add a darker, near black to your color choices, however, as currently your darkest color is really a midtone value, and you want to be able to establish areas of dark for definition.

The key bit to always remember when working with value is that all value is relative. If you are trying to avoid using the blur tool, but still want a softer look, try using brushes at a lower opacity, and just make continuous strokes with varying sized brushes.

Looking forward to seeing your update. :)

Cheers,

~Rebecca

TheDagger
11-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks for your comments and advice Rebecca. :) Adding a near black colour to the palette was definetely a step to the right direction so thanks for pointing that out. I also started add more detail. Oh and I just noticed that I don't have to paint fingers this time. Yay. Although I could use the practise. Hand are d-i-f-f-i-c-u-l-t to draw/paint.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/dagger/w6p2v2.jpg

Rebeccak
11-08-2005, 12:27 AM
TheDagger,

Nice to see your update! You're more than welcome. :) I think there are a few tricks which you can try, the better to see your work more clearly as you are in the process of painting. One is occasionally to copy merge your layers, and paste everything into one layer, which you then desaturate (Ctrl + Shift + U or Image > Adjustments > Desaturate). This will better help you to see your value contrasts (light and dark) which always take precedent over color information in terms of seeing form.

You can always undo the desaturation. Just don't turn your image to grayscale! You can always undo that too, but just be cautious, as you don't want to lose your color information for good. ;)

The other thing which I recommend is rotating your canvas every so often, either 90 or 180 degrees (Clockwise, or Counter~Clockwise), which will give you a fresh perspective on your work ~ often, you will be able to see what is wrong (or right) with your picture by doing so.

Finally, I would recommend making your background darker. By keeping it light, you are forced to keep the figure dark by comparison in order to see it against the bkgrd. Painting even a light~skinned person a rich dark color in the beginning is a good idea, but eventually, you will want to raise key areas of the figure to a lighter tone ~ though avoid pure white, except for areas of the brightest highlight. For the most part, the figure should tend toward the gray, with areas being punched up with darker darks, and lighter lights.

Looking forward to seeing your progress! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Loulu79
11-08-2005, 05:09 PM
I remember promising that I'll do the drawings. I hope it's not too late to begin the sketches here, while finishing off the others from last workshop. If I don't make it on time...well...the more practise and perseverence the faster I'll be...

cuz the events that occuring right now for me is making it uncomfortable for me to do even one stroke...so bear with me.:rolleyes:

I'm so tired.

Rebeccak
11-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Loulu79,

You doing ok?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

squee
11-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Hey everyone, I was looking to do some work on my painting/life drawing skills and i came across this forum and decided to give it a go, heres what ive managed to get done today. i dont know if wips are allowed but im not sure if ill be able to finish this anytime soon...so it could be forever doomed as a wip

http://jvandyk.com/Cgtalk_figure.jpg

Rebeccak
11-10-2005, 01:10 AM
squee,

Welcome aboard! Happy to have you here! :)

WIP is definitely welcome!

Looks like you've got a nice start so far...I would watch the proportions of the arms. You may wish to lightly sketch in the entire body first, then trace and refine on successive layers.

Nice subtle sense of color! Definitely keep going with this, and look forward to your update! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

SaraD
11-11-2005, 09:03 AM
As one of my ambitions is to learn how to paint "loosely" I thought I start right away.
This is just main blocking so far with the basic colors, I`m gonna refine the lines and the angles as I walk along.

Rebeccak
11-11-2005, 10:19 AM
SaraD,

Great to see you back for OFDW 006! :thumbsup: A little too early to post crits, but definitely looking forward to seeing this piece develop! Beautiful work on OFDW 004! :wip:

~Rebeccak

SaraD
11-11-2005, 12:33 PM
I´m in i a flow,so I just keep´em comin :)

Rebeccak
11-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Rock on, SaraD! :)

The one thing to watch is the proportions ~ either his left arm looks too large for his torso, or his legs too small, or both. This should be an easy fix in Photoshop. What do you think?

Nice work so far! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

eyrebrush
11-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Yes, I agree with Rebecca, Sara. My left arm IS too big! .... and the upper legs short. I had misgivings about the way you were working ... painting in detail and working outwards! You're not looking at the figure AS A WHOLE! This is known as consecutive viewing, concentrating on one bit and working out to the next. Try to look at the whole figure - all the time - make little marks with your brush here and there, guaging distances between - say the base of the neck to the tip of the elbow - and across to the other shoulder, etc. GRADUALLY establish the proportions as you work into it.

Ronnie.

SaraD
11-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks for your replies and tips! I´ll start all over again, and try to see "the whole picture" from the beginning :) Since, this is my first tries to paint a figure, I guess I have to modify my way of painting to the new motives. I have always worked with one part of a painting at a time. I´ll be back :)

eyrebrush
11-12-2005, 04:26 PM
LOL! Didn't mean to put you off with what you were doing! I'm impressed with what you have done so far! It's just that the way you work 'clouds' your OVERALL viewing! Continue with your work as you have it - just start to extend your VISION of the figure as a whole .... with little marks here and there and work into them ... modifying what you have there already.

LOL! Hope I'm making sence to you and being helpfull!

Regards,Ronnie.

Metrini
11-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Is it too late for me to join this thread or should I head to 007?

Rebeccak
11-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Metrini,

You can do any of the OFDWs that you wish ~ however, most of the energy will be concentrated on the most recent OFDW, which at the moment is OFDW 007. But I will happily look at any work posted to any of the OFDWs. :)

~Rebeccak

mybutterflyiris
11-18-2005, 03:48 AM
I thought I would go back and do this one since I skipped it. Pencil on paper once more...would have done it in charcoal, but I left that up in my studio. Had problems with the hand, and the more I fiddled with it, the worse it got...finally gave up. *sigh* I'm still experimenting with scanner methods as well...

Here I uped the contrast as high as it will go...interresting effect.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/mightyevilbunny/highcontrast.jpg
This one I just upped...kind of close, but still losing some stuff.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/mightyevilbunny/contrastok.jpg

Rebeccak
11-18-2005, 03:56 AM
mybutterflyiris,

Hey there, :) one recommendation I might have for tweaking a scanned image is to try this 2 step process:

1. Desaturate the image (Ctrl + Shift + U, or Image > Adjustments > Desaturate)
2. Set the Levels to Auto (Ctrl + L > Click "Auto", or Image > Adjustments > Levels > Click "Auto")

This almost always helps my images. The desaturation bit is important ~ you'll get worse results if there is color information (for drawings), at least, so I've found.

You can also manually adjust the 3 sliders in the Levels window, the left slider (triangle) is for darks, the middle slider is for middtones, and the right slider for lights. Try experimenting with this and hopefully it will help. :)

I like the bottom version quite a lot ~ in terms of the drawing itself, I mean. Do you think you will draw the rest of the figure as well? :)

~Rebeccak

Nigh7shad3
11-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Nigh7shad3,

Hey, good to see your progress! :) You can paste the URL of your Photobucket images into the little mountain / sun icon in the text editor which you can get back to by clicking "Edit Post" in your post window. That way, folks can see your images without clicking on a link. :)

I actually recommend trying the approach Martin / erilaz is using, which is to use only grayscale values at first to build form. It's a great approach, and limits the set of factors with which you have to contend when digitally painting. :) Steven Stahlberg has a great tutorial on his website which outlines this method of painting (http://www.androidblues.com/JealousyStepbystep/jealousystep.html). I definitely recommend checking it out! :)

Also, you may want to check out this demo I put together for a value study piece I did for OFDW 002:
TUTORIAL - Digital Figurative Painting from OFDW - by Rebeccak. (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=275436)

Samanthie did an incredible COLOR digital painting tutorial here:
TUTORIAL - Digital Figure Painting - by Samanthie (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=274082&highlight=samanthie)

Hope these provide some useful information which you can then continue to use in your piece! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Phew! Been out of town for 2 weeks, came back to find out that my entire harddisk/mobo/windows was corrupted due to a worm. Talk about bad-luck! :eek: No worries, got a go at Painter 9 (real neat!) and have been visiting Steven Stahlberg's website and also Rebeccak's OFWD tutorial.

Still figuring out how to build forms using grayscale values and applying colours to it. :thumbsup:

Amerasu
01-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I know I'm ridiculously late with this but I was too busy with work at the time and I really wanted to do this one. I loved the photos, especially this one... full of character and light and colours :)

http://amerasu.randomleft.com/images/paintings/006_figure1_final.jpg

Here are my WIP pics.

http://amerasu.randomleft.com/images/cgtalk/006_figure1_wips.jpg

Rebeccak
01-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Amerasu,

Beautiful work! Great to have you back in the OFDWs ~ I think at some point, if you would like to post a tutorial here on the Anatomy Forum, and call it TUTORIAL - Digital Anatomy Painting - by Amerasu, that would be great! You could include as many or as few step by steps for various paintings ~ I think this would really benefit the community as a whole, if you are interested. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Amerasu
01-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks very much Rebecca. I really enjoyed doing this one.

I'll put a painting tutorial together for the next OFDW I do :)

Rebeccak
01-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Amerasu,

Sweet! Definitely looking forward to it! :bounce:

~Rebeccak

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2006, 04:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.