PDA

View Full Version : Fill Style....

sethy
10-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone!...
I have a simple question....Corel Painter could make different Fill style like the old paint program? on the image below you can understand what I talking about...

http://www.lucianopalladino.com/filltype.jpg

P.S. The Fill Style is circled in red.

With this kind of filling, I can simulate the patterns for comics especially manga's. I was wondering if a Powerfull graphic program like Corel Painter can support this basic feature!!! :)

Thanks!

Seth.

Per-Anders
10-17-2005, 12:14 AM
there are many fill methods in painter, you can fill with solid colors, predefined patterns (you can make your own and add to these), gradients, and bizarely weaves (bit patterns based on weaving loom warps and wefts). you also have in addition paper grains and any number of additional effects, and it can also use some photoshop plugins for processing to give halftone patterns after the painting.

what you're showing htere is pixel art rather than actual printed page look, that's caused simply by the halftone pattern that the printer creates from the original artwork (the original artwork is rarely done with halftone patterns these days). so you're copying not the artwork look so much as the printed apge look. for that you may prefer to finish your artowrk, then load it into photoshop and run one of it's halftone pattern filters on it. you will get a nice crisp aliased halftone that will look quite nice.

CGTalk Moderation
10-17-2005, 12:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.