PDA

View Full Version : My first finished z-brush project. *Evil Fish*

Simon
10-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Hi

This is my first z-brush model that I have fully finished. Well I say finished, but with such a versatile program, I just want to keep going. :P.

Im still a begginner and this project was to try to use the basic tools to create a high quality model for my portolio.

I started with a 30 poly model imported from lightwave and just subdivided and started painting. :) Z-brush has rekindled my love for 3d!

I still havnt read any tutorials so I'm sorry if it is a bit infantile, I didnt plan the project so it just kinda happened...

http://www.machinestudios.co.uk/images/Fish.jpg

Comments and crit welcomed!

Cheers

Simon

mwalter1
10-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Wow! That turned out great!!! I am still waiting for my training DVDs to arrive. This program is very different from anything else I have played with.

Womball
10-16-2005, 06:41 PM
How much were the training DVD's and which ones are they?

Simon
10-16-2005, 06:46 PM
How much were the training DVD's and which ones are they?

Yeah I'm in the market so to speak. I'm thinking of getting the gnomon ones?

mwalter1: thanks!

pnoland
10-16-2005, 07:19 PM
If you're new to Zbrush definatly get the Intro to Zbrush dvd from Gnomon and Meats. It's great. I pop it in on occasion and learn something new every time. :)

Good looking fish too! :D

Simon
10-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks! :D

yeah I was going for the one by meats. I love his work. :) I studyed his demo reel for ages, its very inspiring.

Edit: I find a lot of the training is for artists working with maya (and max), which kind of puts me off most of the gnomon ones.

Si

pnoland
10-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Kurv Studio's 'Get into Zbrush' by Glen Southern is a good one too. Definatly check that out...cheaper then Gnomon dvds too which is always a plus. :) Glen's work is amazing...

http://www.kurvstudios.com/zbrush/

ThomasMahler
10-16-2005, 09:26 PM
I can recommend the Zack Petroc DVD - learned a lot from it.

Simon
10-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Kurv Studio's 'Get into Zbrush' by Glen Southern is a good one too. Definatly check that out...cheaper then Gnomon dvds too which is always a plus. :) Glen's work is amazing...

Wow looks good. Can I buy it from any other place tho? I mean why do I need to get it shipped from around the world at high cost when he lives 4 hours down the road!?

(I like the music on www.emisismusic.com (http://www.emisismusic.com), that your band?)

Thomas : How much of that dvd is maya based? I was looking at it before but the maya big scared me. It looks good though.

reven
10-16-2005, 09:46 PM
this is one of the few z brush creations that i have seen that actually made me feel that i should try it out...nice work

pnoland
10-17-2005, 02:42 AM
I think that's the only place to order that dvd from as far as I know.

Yes, that's my band, thanks. :) Right now were working on finishing up our cd. :D

mwalter1
10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm waiting for my copy of Intro to Zbrush DVD from Gnomon to arrive. They were not too expensive, I think $49 plus shipping.

Peggy

kurv
12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Wow looks good. Can I buy it from any other place tho? I mean why do I need to get it shipped from around the world at high cost when he lives 4 hours down the road!?

(I like the music on www.emisismusic.com (http://www.emisismusic.com), that your band?)

Thomas : How much of that dvd is maya based? I was looking at it before but the maya big scared me. It looks good though.

We just opened a European shipping center, hope that helps a little... :)

www.kurvstudios.co.uk

Darkseal
12-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Yes the training dvd is worth it! it is $49 plus shipping. I wish they would play in the dvd player but hey, what can you do. I just got zbrush 2 weeks ago, it ROCKS! I suck in maya (have that for about 5-6 months now) but in zbrush i feel like a king! I am just doing the tut. stuff now myself, but its so easy to learn and there is sooooo much stuff i havnt touched yet! Congrats on the fish! it looks great!! you gonna color it?

Simon
12-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Wow, this thread is a bit of a zombie.

Thanks for the update kurv. i'll put in an order with the money I get of the festive season.

Ive created tons since this thread. look for my velociraptor thread.

Simon

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2005, 10:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.