PDA

View Full Version : How to change file association in CS2?

HONG KONGer
10-16-2005, 01:40 AM
I don't want to open .gif with ImageReady.

tb582
10-16-2005, 02:01 AM
I'm assuming your running xp....

Open My Computer then go to the tools menu, down to folder options, then click on the file types tab. Find the extention GIF and click on it, you will see "Details for 'GIF' extension"

it will say opens with click change then select the program you want to open your gif's

OR

Right click on the gif go to open with, scroll down to choose program in the Open with box select the program you want to open gif's and make sure that the "Always use the selected program..." checkbox is checked....

HONG KONGer
10-16-2005, 11:03 PM
I think this method is not a efficient way to change many file types that's associated with CS. How to bring up the file association dialog box that appeared at setup?
All I want is to use the Windows Picture Viewer to open all supported image.
Thank you.

tb582
10-16-2005, 11:27 PM
That is the proper way to do it...

Dotsona.07
10-17-2005, 06:12 AM
I might just make the layout and photoshop and then just use the layers in dreamweaver for the text

halo
10-17-2005, 09:43 AM
I think this method is not a efficient way to change many file types that's associated with CS. How to bring up the file association dialog box that appeared at setup?
All I want is to use the Windows Picture Viewer to open all supported image.
Thank you.

you only wanted to do .gif to start with.

CGTalk Moderation
10-17-2005, 09:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.