PDA

View Full Version : Are there any models+rigged+skinned that i can use?

frontjibi
10-16-2005, 12:59 AM
I am modeling a humanoid character but it's taking a little more time than i expected. And i have yet to texture, cloths,bind/skin, and rig him. So i have a long way to go before i go into animation.

I want to have the feel of animating something. That's the main reason i am doing this. So please if you have to know where to get practice models that are already rigged, textured,skinned please tell me. I only need one to practice my animation skills. I would prefer if they are free.

Oh and it would be good if they are done in Maya.

LiquidSpider
10-17-2005, 08:48 PM
check out maybe the animation thread? or the maya thread and subthread of rigging or animation.. i know there are a few models all rigged up and ready to get.. just keep on looking on where you *think* they would be.. sadly i don't know at the top of my head, but they're aren't really hard to find ;)

de_tomato
10-19-2005, 07:38 AM
U are looking at facial or body animation? If its the later one, you dont need a mesh for it. You can start by animating the skeleton itself. It might sound weird, but its really good pratice.

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2005, 07:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.