PDA

View Full Version : Simple Test

DarkSun
11-13-2002, 10:59 PM
Hi,

I just made a simple animation to test my setup. I would like to hear what you think :)

http://www.tychodrome.com/arslan_elver/bird.mov

Mangled Poly
11-14-2002, 04:13 PM
Erorr: 404
File not found

DarkSun
11-14-2002, 06:15 PM
http://www.tychodrome.com/arslan_elver/animation/bird_test.mov

Sorry for the broken link :(

goosh
11-14-2002, 08:35 PM
Hi DarkSun

It's a nice animation.. but there is too close a resemblanse with "For The Birds" and it took me off your animation inmediatelly. 'cause even without wanting to, I associated it with FTB and compared your animation with Pixars.

My suggestion would be to have a character that is not so similar to anything you've seen before.. or if there is, at least, that it's not so well known

Anyway.. the animation is cool..

Goosh

DarkSun
11-14-2002, 09:13 PM
Hi Goosh,

Thanks for your reply. In fact this was a sort of chicken but i will use it as fat bird in my little animation so when i finished the setup, i just wanted to do something like that. Sorry if this was a problem...

Thanks for your advice also...

AWAKE
11-18-2002, 10:13 PM
I'd say make the feet touch the tree branch and take a little out of the branch bounce. Timing looks good though.

DarkSun
11-18-2002, 10:20 PM
Thanks Awake :)

johnny_riptide
11-20-2002, 10:11 PM
I some how missed this thread. I like your animation.

Looks pretty good for a test. Just a couple of suggestions, though.

Before the chicken lands on the branch, I would make the chicken hover and reach with one foot for the branch a couple of times and miss (kind of the same way a person feels around for something in the dark).

The whole time chicken is reaching for the branch make sure his eyes, not his head, are looking down at the branch that he's reaching for (even though he can't really see it). Try closing your eyes and reaching for an object on you desk. You don't grab it the first time, you'll fumble with it a little before you actually figure out how to put your hand around it. His foot reaching for the limb should be animated in the same way. He finally has a good hold of the tree limb and cuts the power and plops down.

DarkSun
11-21-2002, 02:49 PM
Hmm okay. I will try to do this when I do the real animation, thanks :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.