PDA

View Full Version : Hotkeys

velburg20
10-15-2005, 11:28 AM
I could use some help with creating hot keys that will do the following to a mechanical arm

rotate L/R
extend
retrack
raise
lower

Also can I use the number pad for hotkeys being they control fuctions in the program?

gilley
10-15-2005, 08:37 PM
I know Maya doesn't know the difference between the Numpad keys and the number keys along the top of your keyboard. If you wanted to use the Numpad keys, you'd have to reassign the defaults that are put on those keys. I really wish it knew the difference between the keys, cause that's ~10 extra keys I could use.

I could use some help with creating hot keys that will do the following to a mechanical arm

rotate L/R
extend
retrack
raise
lower

Also can I use the number pad for hotkeys being they control fuctions in the program?

velburg20
10-23-2005, 05:01 PM
I have hot keys that control the movment of a mechanical arm that looks like this:

select -r ArmControl;
move -r 0 .5 0;

This moves the arm .5, which is fine. However you must hit the hotkey everytime to move the arm .5 along the axis. Is there a way that I can set it up to move the arm as long as I hold down the hotkey? Something like if the hotkey is pressed it is on, if not it is off and assign that to the hotkey.

wrend
10-24-2005, 03:12 AM
make two new hot key commands

1. moveee_on

optionVar -iv ieSJobHKey `scriptJob -ie " select -r ArmContro; move -r 0 0.5 0;"`;

2. moveee_off

scriptJob -f -k `optionVar -q ieSJobHKey`;
optionVar -rm ieSJobHKey;

assign first to press of your hotkey, the other to release.

dangerous stuff. :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2005, 03:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.