PDA

View Full Version : First render of my robot character

zoc
10-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Hi guyz!
After all the steps now I've made the first render.
I'm satisfy with the metallic material, but for the cabinet i don't really know...
Can you give some suggestion?

http://www.zocdesign.com/treddi/rb02.jpg

http://www.zocdesign.com/treddi/rb01.jpg

You're wonderful people!

Dichotomy
10-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm satisfy with the metallic material
I agree, looks nice. You might think about putting a bump map on the cabinets (very small and very subtle, but it will add to it), and maybe work in a little color variation. Even though something is one color, there are usually variances that make it seem real.
Great start though!

zoc
10-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Usually i use hdr for the ambient, but i think, for the type of animation, that is enought real... I like use procedural, what kind of it or network do you suggest for the bump? and what color do you think? i try some brown, but was not in the cold metalic atmosphere...

:bounce:

-=SunDoWneR=-
10-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey there, ... nice start indeed ...

... for the colors i'd like to see classic black & white. All the big parts white and allthe small parts black. =)

But in the end its of course your choice.

zoc
10-17-2005, 08:50 AM
I like black and white a lot... but i think that, cause the white background, i couldn't make the robot white... :applause:

Dichotomy
10-17-2005, 04:22 PM
I've found that if you run a 3d cloud into a 3d brownian and use the resulting for the bump, you can get a very nice bump that doesn't look as procedural. Then you can scale the 3d placements down to get the size you want, and you can adjust the two maps Bump depth individually to get the desired result. To do that run the outNormal from one of the bumps into the NormalCamera of the other (it is hidden in the connectionEditor, so you have to "show hidden" in the menu), then run the second bump into the material.
For color, you could just use the same color, maybe just darker, or lighter, less saturation, or something like that, it wouldn't change the look or feel too much, just make it more... ... natural feeling I guess. I would do it "very slightly". Just enough to barely see, so that it doesn't attract attention, but is there.

CGTalk Moderation
10-17-2005, 04:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.