PDA

View Full Version : A glimpse of gamedev modeling

spikey
10-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Hullo. We just pushed out the first press release (more like a teaser) of our new game out, and alongside we started a developer's blog.. There's three of us bloggin', of which 2 are artists.
Figured some people here might be interested what's the workflow with at least vehicle modeling (with general musings around it). I just started mine, and already I'm slightly frustrated on the short article lengths I'm sort of restricted to :) .. But there's going to be more in form of regular updates, covering different aspects of the process. I'll also try and press the track guy to include some technical workflow in his blogs as well, so it wouldn't be restricted to car stuff only.

http://www.bugbear.fi/flatout2/blog for the whole blog section.

I'll try and keep my blogs interesting from technical points of view. I know I loved reading stuff "real devs" wrote when I was only wondering how cool it would be to get into games business some day, and now that I'm here, I figured it'd be nice to pipe something back :)

Cheers!

Ilari / BB

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2005, 09:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.