PDA

View Full Version : how can I get Narration for my movie?

vishang
10-13-2005, 07:59 PM
hi all,

I am currently making a short movie,
and for that I need Voice Over for narration.

But I cant affort the studio expences,

so is there anyway to get the narration recorded, after giving all the speech and necessary facts and directions.

is there any website availabel for work like this?

if yes then please post here.

thanks.

bugzilla
10-14-2005, 06:00 PM
If all you want to do is record audio, there are several freeware audio products you can find on Download.com, or you can upgrade your Quicktime player to Pro and it has audio recording functions in it.

If you need professional talent to record your audio, most big cities have some sort of talent agency where you can get people for voice acting. I would try and find some friend with a good speaking voice who will work for a free lunch and a copy of the DVD.

Hope this helps a little.

reven
10-14-2005, 06:13 PM
you might be able to find a student from a theatrical class at a college!

vishang
10-14-2005, 07:17 PM
hi,

reven,
even if I get the talent or VO my own voice then I will have to pay studio expenses.

what I am thinking is to use my own voice for narration.
but when I record it using my microphone on windows voice recorder, I get a lot of noise in it.

so I need some software for filtering that noise. or software dedicated to voice recording with various options.

any help will be good for me...

pconsidine
10-14-2005, 07:50 PM
I think what raven is saying is that if you can't afford studio time, you can get the equipment and software to do it directly into your computer without going into a studio. Download.com definitely has sound editing programs that you can use to minimize the noise. I found a bunch of things just searching for "sound editing." Give it a shot.

You can also look into getting a better quality microphone and doing what you can to improve the room where you're recording (like putting some soft bedding on the walls and over the furniture to reduce echo).

malcolmvexxed
10-15-2005, 06:49 PM
If you're on myspace, search for people in your local area, many people are aspiring musicians and have great sound recording equipment at home. In fact i have several friends who have converted their rooms or a room in their house into sound recording studios complete with high end microphones. OFfer one of them i don't know... 50 bucks or credit for their studio to let you use their studio to work on your film.

Basically just network.

spz
10-20-2005, 06:40 AM
In the book "The Creation of the Ghost Warrior" the author says that he used his car as a sound room, made a screen for mic by stretching a nylon stocking on some kind of frame, and it worked fine.

I didn't test it myself but it sounds worth trying.

Lawrence123
10-25-2005, 01:45 AM
A camcorder in a quite room and being the right distance from the built-in mike works...and gives you more flexiblity than window wav recording.

xzevlin
10-25-2005, 03:53 AM
Windows Voice Recorder seems to add a lot of noise that other programs don't pick up. I recommend Audacity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ). It's free, and it even has a decent noise removal tool if the area you're recording in isn't tomb quiet.

If you do have any sort of budget, you might wanna consider getting a USB studio mic, there are a few in the $100 US range. I just got one by Samson ( the c01U ) and Blue also has one that's a little more expensive. If you have a laptop, you can just connect the mic straight to the USB port, go into a really quiet room (or a walk in closet if you have one), and record. They aren't as good as the mics that go for a few hundred or thousand dollar, but the sound quality is definately better than the average mic you'll find at an electronics store.

Elucid Concepts
11-02-2005, 06:48 AM
I'm actually starting on a CG movie, and running into similar problems like animotion3d. I got lucky in many of my friends like to do voice acting, so I have some 30 odd voice actors.

I haven't tried this, but one of my buddies suggested going into a room with no windows and just a door (big closet will do nicely). Put up mattress or some sound proof material on the walls, all around, and then get a high end mic. Top that with one of the programs suggested earlier in this thread, and you should be set with decent recording studio of your own.

Matty2Phatty
11-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Hire Don LaFontaine :thumbsup:

MikeRhone
11-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Oooooo... good idea with using the car as a sounds studio! As for a mic, instead of buying one, just ask a buddy of yours that is in a garage band. We all have those buddies ;) See if you can borrow a mic and a 4-track for a few hours.

m

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2005, 04:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.