PDA

View Full Version : DF4 Keyframing Problems

xmb
11-13-2002, 02:49 PM
not sure why i cant animate my nodes anymore (in df4). i just cant set any keyframes and dont know what happened or why...

i select the object in the flow or timeline, but i just cant add keyframes.

any suggestion?

xmb
11-13-2002, 04:21 PM
no sorry, i solved the problem.

i'm just wondering how i can make "auto-key", so that i dont have to set keys manually all the time. but when i go to one frame change any operations, go to the next and change there operations, and so on...

if anybody knows something, let me know. thanks

Jayk2k
11-13-2002, 04:23 PM
The process of animating a control is still the same as it was in previous versions. You need to right click on the control itself within the panel at the right hand side of the screen. Once a control has been animated, you can add and edit the keyframes under the timeline and spline editors.

Jayk2k
11-13-2002, 04:30 PM
I'm not too sure what you mean by "auto-key"? Fusion will add a keyframe at the current time, to the animated control any time you make a change.

Another option to this might be to use the spreadsheet editor (located under the timeline editor, use the mouse to slide it up). Select the control you want to edit, and it will pop up the known keys in the spreadsheet editor.

From there, you can add keyframes by typing in values for the time and control value.

xmb
11-14-2002, 12:01 PM
thanks for the reply. i knew the thing with right-click & animated... but what i was wondering is: i have to set "animate" for evey particular modification. i cannot just go to one frame, move or resize the object, go to one of the next 25frames and resize it again and it will automaticly tween my operations. in df i have to set "animate" for the width of teh object and height and then set keyframes for both and animate both.

maybe i just didnt experience df well to know that there is an alternative... - let me know, if there is one.

Jayk2k
11-14-2002, 02:34 PM
You are correct. You need to animate each control individually. This is done because as a general rule, a lot of compositing is done as minor tweaks as you progress through the timeline.

We did have an auto-animate feature before, that added a bezier to each control as a tool was created, but imagine adding a text+ tool, with auto animate enabled... You now have over 100 controls animated. Thus we removed it to keep thing simpler.

I have added a request into our development channel for an animate button style interface, as I can see where it would be helpful with motion graphics type work.

xmb
11-14-2002, 07:17 PM
that would be great. thanks a lot.

something else, maybe you know it... - the filter "highlight" doesnt work here in df4. i load a sequence then add this filter, but nothing happens, even if i move all sliders and controls around, nothing happens. there is a render-progress, but in the viewport there is no effect. dont worry, i activated the view from the last node, which is this filter.

excuse my english

& df4 is a really great compositing tool. i love it more & more... - i wish the interface was more like flame/ inferno/ socratto/ piranha hd (more sexy & highend). so it doesnt look like microsoft word or kais powertools. also with real infinite 3d-space like in those highend tools of discreet (i know there is gaia, but all such plugins remind me of sweet little plugins and not of a kick-ass thing.) - hey thats just my opinion. beside df4 offers more than most compositing tools for this price...

Jayk2k
11-15-2002, 11:52 PM
Your highlight problem sounds like a tech support issue. Contact them at tech@eyeonline.com. Be sure to give them the version number and build of the software, as well as your serial number to speed the process up.

The interface has been updated between version 3.1 and 4, and has included a lot of specific feature requests from our users. If you feel there is something that needs changing, contact request@eyeonline.com

xmb
11-16-2002, 10:30 AM
ok, thanks alot.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.