PDA

View Full Version : New to MAYA : Unable to render more than 1 Frame into AVI/TGA/TIF

rdxace
10-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone,
i am new to maya. and need to render my scene in avi.

Problem:
Whenever i render only one frame renders, here are my render settings:

Frame/Anim ext : name.ext(multi-frame)
image format : tga/tif/avi <<--- ALL give me only one Frame :(
Start Frame : 1
End Frame : 24
By Frame : 1

etc.

Please Help. Its Urgent...
I have tried rendering with Fcheck, and it works. but how do i render my 24 frames??

Thanks and regards.

AndreasMartin
10-13-2005, 07:01 PM
use...

1. your manual
2. the forum search function
3. batch render

rdxace
10-13-2005, 07:48 PM
sir,
i wouldnt have posted, if i had not given up after reading 1. the manual 2. forum search 3. batch render & fcheck.

the thing is, i still cannot figure out how to render my animation to an AVI (i am talking about rendering an animation through the 'render view' and not through the 'scene view' )

cpan
10-13-2005, 08:33 PM
you can't render an animation directly in the RenderView window (actually there was a script to do this heh). Instead use Render>Batch Render.

.p

rdxace
10-13-2005, 08:39 PM
so does that mean that every time we need to make animations; we get numbered sequences as output, and combine them using some post-production software like AfterFx/Premiere.:shrug:

:eek: Its very surprising that we cannot render AVIs, even though the format shows up in render settings.

i still think there got to be a way...

cpan
10-13-2005, 08:43 PM
no, you can save AVI animations, but only in an uncompressed format, resulting HUGE files (for example for an short animation... several seconds actually... i've got an 1GB AVI file lol)

So, it's not recommended to save to an AVI from within maya. Just use tiff/png with padding for final renderings and Playblast for previews.

.p

Lorecanth
10-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Well the big question is why the heck you'd ever want to not render in frame sequences. Makes re rendering a lot easier, especially when AVI files have such a wonderful chance of becoming corrupt.

As far as the RTFM if you'd actually read the manual this is explained there and all over this forum. I've personally given this same answer 3 times. This is not your personal help desk. Its a professionals rendering forum.

rdxace
10-14-2005, 06:04 AM
sorry for offending you guys.
and thanx for helpin me out.

regards.

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2005, 06:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.