PDA

View Full Version : showing off a bit of my comic style

Titan
02-25-2002, 10:35 PM
These sketches are about 100k each (theres 2 of them).
Just thought I'd get some feedback on my comics style.
these probably took me about 1-2 hours each...they're just comps from my sketchbook, and they were drawn full size on 17x14 paper( I always try to draw big). hope you like!

http://www.u-238.com/titan/sketches/barbarian_chick.jpg

http://www.u-238.com/titan/sketches/dark_phoenix.jpg

Pedro
02-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Hi there

First, I think they are both great drawings. If, as you say you were going for the comic book style, you've probably got it.

I'd just add a couple of nitpicks, nothing too serious:

1st drawing of the black girl (I assume she's black because of the afro :) ) - the right shoulder seems too big(I know there's armor, but it seems unbalanced), and the left hand seems to need a bit more work.

The 2nd drawing - well, maybe just her breasts, they look a bit strange, and perhaps her shoulders too, they seem a bit too big. Aso, the shading is a bit strange, particularly on her arms.

Anyway, it's easy to criticize, but hard to create, so in all, I think you did a great job.

Titan
02-25-2002, 11:39 PM
thanks Pedro glad you like them....

yeah I always tend to notice the little proportion breaks after I step back from it, as I mentioned, I draw them fairly large and sometimes just forget to step back from them and check my proprtions.

these are just sketchbook examples so I tend not to go too overboard with the finishes on each piece, its mainly just to keep me drawing. usually when I do something like a painting or a full illustration for black and white or color I'd send a lot more time on them.

thanks for the crit!

Sangotten
02-26-2002, 12:19 AM
Great drawings! I like the Pheonix.....maybe you can smooth out the lines a bit and the hands look a bit small with short fingers, but overall they great... Did you work in the comic biz or do you want to? Just curious:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.