PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco game companies?

the_podman
10-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi all. I'm trying to compile a list of game companies in the San Franciso/Oakland area. Also gathering some from L.A., but it's my second relocation choice if I can't get to SF.

So far, I know of DOUBLE FINE, PERPETUAL, FACTOR 5, PLANETMOON STUDIOS, and SHABA GAMES.

Any others you fellows might know of would be very helpful. I'm in the process of sending my first reel out. I'm really wanting to get out of New York city(not the saftest place these days unfortunately), it's officially "jumped the shark" imho.

I've been here for over 11 years and the west coast is a welcome change for me. I have family there as well.

Thanks everyone for your help,
-Rodney

SHEPEIRO
10-13-2005, 01:37 PM
theres also loads of places in San Diego, I think, like rockstar, but it depends on how far south you wanna go.

the_podman
10-13-2005, 01:48 PM
I don't mind going to southern California, but it's secondary to the Bay area. I'll add it to my list though, thanks. :)

Gordon Moran
10-13-2005, 03:02 PM
PlayActive
Empire Interactive
Freeborders Inc
Sega of America, Inc.
Artnomad Design
CNET Networks / GameCenter
Eidos Interactive
Planet 9 Studios
ImaginEngine Corp.
Unknown Worlds Entertainment, Inc.
Ubi Soft Entertainment, Inc.
Dark Voodoo Studios
Secret Level
Seth Shukovsky
Page 44 Studios
Lavamind, Inc.
Reinvented Inc

Hope this list helps. Courtesy of Gamasutra.com!

the_podman
10-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Nice, Gordon! I should give you a dollar! Way to help a brother out, man. Good looking out.

I've got a membership to Gamasutra and Game Dev. magazine but I could never figure out how to search game companies by location. Thanks for the list. It should definately keep me busy!

-Rod

kleinluka
10-14-2005, 01:41 AM
crystal dynamics

the_podman
10-14-2005, 02:24 AM
I was looking for Cystal Dynamics the other day, but all I could find was Eidos' website. Do you know where their shipping/webpage info is?

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2005, 02:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.