PDA

View Full Version : Need MANY critiques: SHOOT ME

CHRiTTeR
02-25-2002, 09:24 PM
Any suggestion is welcome.

pluMmet
02-25-2002, 09:42 PM
I'm assuming from the title that it's a gun and it looks very interesting....however without seeing it fire I can't determin much!

'sTiLl tRyinG to pluMmet to ThE COre.'

CHRiTTeR
02-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Oh yes, right. A little bit of explenation. Well there isn't much to tell about it. Only that it's the first project I intend to finish.

It's not a gun. It's ganna be a bot. Whatkin of bot. I'm not shure yet.

That's why I need some critique.

pluMmet
02-25-2002, 10:51 PM
well...parts of a bot...the imagination runs wild with possibilities. So all I can say is that a bot with componints like these has a great chance of being very dazziling with interest.

however at this stage it's just some interisting parts!

'sTiLl tRyinG to pluMmet to ThE COre.'

Raul-Reznek
02-25-2002, 11:38 PM
THAT would be soo cool as a character side kick.I'd like to see that little thing flying arround the head of a COOL robot, as if it was a shoulder cannon or STH.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

CHRiTTeR
02-26-2002, 06:27 AM
Some Small updates ---> Arms

Where's my critique !!!

Mommie, I wanna have critiques .... :( :( :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------(0)-(0)-(0)-

CHRiTTeR
02-26-2002, 06:29 AM
Can anybody help me out with some hand ideas (sketches orso)

CHRiTTeR
02-26-2002, 09:02 AM
Damn! why doesn't nobody reply me?

?DO I SUCK THAT MUCH?

Hmura
02-26-2002, 09:58 AM
CHRiTTeR m8 dont get upset due to lack of comments, Its because most of them are involved in the Feb. Challenge and the deadline of March 8 is quickly approaching :)

Now the comment, I really like the smooth metalic design and the colours are great, blue and yellow, reminds me of the Protoss in Starcraft , a little ... :) Nice details as well with the lights and around the joints.

Well now for the torso, It depends what kind of a bot you want him to be, a soldier, a guide, a mechanic etc...

Maybe if you give him a rotating torso and attach some more of the lights maybe a big light where the genitals should be , you could make the legs long and lanky with the wide ankles like what you did with the forearms already.....

Hmura

DSedov
02-26-2002, 10:09 AM
No... you most defenatelly don't "suck". Two thing I see is that people, when they observe your model they don't see it finished, hence - no comments.

Well.. there is also sort of people that have this point, where they like picture but they are lazy to do a reply... no offence to anyone =)

As far as a picture goes, your design is very clear and stylish. I can't compleatly understand which parts exactly have you modeled. But I can picture the top one as a body and the bottoms ones are more of the hands or legs. So having this in mind you can basically create a continuity with this style and make the rest of the model. You can also recycle excisted parts to create new ones. Another suggestions would be to use a piece of paper. Paper is more forgiving and less time consuming. I would do thumbnail or a series of thumbnails that would discribe a consept or/and overall shape, size, form and volume, then from those thumbnails do a bigger size picture that will have details.

Well, it would be better if you overcome this design process by yoursef. First this would give you great experience, second, it would give you more confidence that you can accomplish a process from very beginning to the very end by yourself. Trust my this a on of the greatest feelings after sex and first date =)

If you really want some more ideas go agead and ask specific questions...

okey I gotta leave.. I'll check this thread when I get back and maybe write something else.

Good Luck on your model.

CHRiTTeR
02-26-2002, 09:42 PM
Thanks guys!

I really need those comment. It's the best way to learn.

U see, I'm just a rookie at this. So don't expect an really freack'n hot model.

- Yes, indeed. It's gonna b the torso of a robo. Planning to make some long, small legs to. But as I sayd, i'm not a verry experienced modeler :) . U can see I only used some basic techniques. So it's gonna b difficult to 'expand' my model. But that's the best way to learn it. By falling real hard on ya face & thinking about what ya did wrong and enhance your style afterwards.

Hope i'll be able to make something nice of it...

(Sorry for my poor english)

CHRiTTeR
02-26-2002, 10:02 PM
- DSedov:
Visited your website. Those sketches rock tha house! They're almost render-a-like! Like tha style.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

CerberusC
02-28-2002, 05:07 AM
i like the cameras that you use, you have a great concept of camera angles and camera shots, and about your model, i want to see more :)

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 05:21 AM
Wow, thanx CerberusC that's really good for my morale!!!
:D

Will try to post an update soon, but me is a bit sick :eek:

and i'm having a few problems at home to :(

No job, no money ---> a lot off problems, believe me!

But anyway thanks-

PS: saw your challenge/character. MAN! that's what I call an 3D-artist!
Can u tell me where/how I can learn to make & animate stuff like that without spendinf tons of cash (witch I have not)

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 06:08 AM
Gonna make him a soldier I think....

(Nice possabilities to ad some sci-fi lasers etc...)

Thanks 4 the ones who aren't to lazy to repost,

may the Depths of The 3rd dimension be with ya !

violenza
02-28-2002, 08:30 AM
love the shape - this guy should really be fun to animate....:cool:

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 08:36 AM
Well, I'm shure you all noticed. that it's a real simple Character (with a few detail and lots of more detail later!).

I did that on purpase for the animation. Because it's ganna be my first animation ever !!!! :eek: :eek:

Don't know nothing 'bout animating or keyframing...

But no prob. I like challenges and I'm sure I'll learn a lot with it.

-violenza: your avatar is the coolest i've seen!! Can u post a larger version?? Maybe a little explenation how u made him (maybe even an tutor, if possible):confused: :confused:

violenza
02-28-2002, 09:26 AM
Here's the frog, thanks for the compliment! I was just fooling around, this was my first character built with Lightwave 6.5. Sort of a learning project.

I may put up a tutorial or something later on when I have time to build my website - these are busy times, hard to justify personal work with actual work piled in front of me. :eek: :eek: :eek:

here is a link to some other stuff i am playing around with...
http://members.shaw.ca/automatic/WIP

captain GUNDAM
02-28-2002, 12:54 PM
i think he's an awsome character - i bit pushy and grumpy i imagine.
please texture him beautifully and animate - does he turn into a prince ( your first human character in lightwave 6.5 perhaps )

captain GUNDAM
02-28-2002, 12:57 PM
sorry, forgot that this is actually your post - your design is alright but it needs to be backed up by functionality, something i cant see. perhaps hes still too far from completion so hurry and show us the final robot.

Neox
02-28-2002, 01:11 PM
damn nice! i don't know what this is but /me likes!

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 04:45 PM
U guys seem to like it, but nobudy knows really what it is...

That's really funny, but understandable (I wouldn't eather).

An update is commin' soon, but have not much time these days, kinda super-bussy

But tnks!

CHRiTTeR
02-28-2002, 04:52 PM
Violenza: 1st Character??? That's damn good for a first character!!!

How did u do that?

Thanks for the bigger pic! (hope u don't min i'm putting it on my desktop, with your name still under it, off course!)

Saw your others too, NICE! You got a strong style-of-your-own, liking it!

violenza
02-28-2002, 08:12 PM
GUNDAM - a Prince, eh? That would be hilarious!! He turns into a big fat prince, who looks exactly like the frog!! hehehe... i wanna texture him like a slimy pond frog - looking all slimy and gross.

CHRiTTeR - thanks man ;) I have been playing with other modeling apps for many years and just recently changed to Lightwave - and I love it!

For the frog, I started with a cube, using bevel and extend, building polys where needed using subdivision surfaces - the mesh is pretty messy, I would build him differently now....i think :D

Thanks a bunch guys!!

ramis
03-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Hey! I like the materials very much man!
This robot remind me Giru (or Jill) from Dragon Ball GT (do you remember? :p )

Good work! and for the hands....mmmmh.....this robot looks like Hi-Tech, so it should be involved in high-precision tasks....what do you think?

regards!
Ramiro

Pentagramma
03-14-2002, 05:44 PM
Great bot - Love those details, and the render!

I really would like to see it in a scene - its attitude can make a big difference.

Keep the good work,

FrageNSTEIN
03-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Don't know if anyone said this, but, it looks like Brazil R/S. Turn the shade rate on GI up to 55, and then you'll have less choppy shadows (especially if you put sampling on about 2/4, or 1/3.)

D

Wraith
03-15-2002, 11:31 PM
Hiya dude, sorry I took so long to look at ya renders, been getting stuck into this months challenge, dont have a lot of time to work on it as I can only do it when I get home from work each day... But im here now :) Do like what you have done so far, very clean design m8, nice one... I kind of imagine this thing having retractable limbs sort of telescopic idea with a swivel joint for the elbow in the middle. That way it can have many arm limbs that can weild different devices/weapons/tools. Also picture it hovering instead of having legs. Another set of retractable limbs can come out of the base? I dont know, there are infinate possibilities you can do from what you have done so far. Again I like the style m8 alot n want to see it develope real soon. BTW thanks for ya comments on my entry so far :) Hope this helps

CHRiTTeR
03-15-2002, 11:37 PM
Thanks Wraith!! Good comment! But ... wath are "retractable limbs"?! (my English isn't so good :confused: )

About the progress. To be honnest, I haven't worked on it since my last post with pics. I am real sick now. But I'll try to finish it.

FrageNSTEIN: I know, but it renders much faster at lower settings and the quality isn't THAT bad. It's not a final-render, just preview. Also, it are verry much comressed JPEG's, that makes even more choppy than it already is.
but thanks for the comment anyway! ;)

ramis: Do I remember!? How could I forget! Dragon Ball Z rulez! But can't remember those characters you're talking about.. Hmmm, it's a pitty, would like to compare them :( .

CHRiTTeR
03-15-2002, 11:59 PM
I'd like to add some wiring but don't know any trick/technique to make them ... (damn why could I pay more attention during the English lessons at school, can't explain it) ... Pfff

To try to keep the wires/cables/tubes (or wathever) connected while the objects they are connected to are be´ng moved or rotated??

Ill try to explain it with pics:

Wraith
03-16-2002, 12:43 AM
Here is that retractable limb explanation you asked for, hope it helps :)

CHRiTTeR
03-16-2002, 12:48 AM
Wow! thanks Wraith, made some work for that explanation I see. Would like to use those but:

GOT TO HAVE AN ANSWER TO MY CABLE/WIRE PROBLEM FIRST!!! (anybody ???)

By the way, think I'm going to give him a jet-pack or something to make hime float/fly.

I promess an update soon!

Wraith
03-16-2002, 04:16 AM
Hehe, no problem m8, glad I could help... It only took a few mins in photoshop to do so dont worry, didnt need much work to do :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.