PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Chapter?

zenfull
10-13-2005, 05:43 AM
Wasnt there a San Diego Chapter or talks of one? If it has been moved I cannot find it could someone let me know whats going on and if there isn't one can one be started?

Ls3D
10-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey Kimberly it looks like they deleted inactive threads,..

I hope your comming out to play because I just got my Max 8 upgrade and you gotta see the pelt mapping!

Call me.

-S

zenfull
10-18-2005, 05:55 AM
Sorry about this last sunday, Ill give you a call for sure and we will hook up sometime soon. Sadly this month happens to be the busiest for me, Blizcon weekend before Halloween, walk through at Blizzard Entertainment is Halloween. Have to make up class hours this weekend so I can make miss class on Halloween to walk through Blizzard. But I will find some time. We need to get the folk here in San Diego more active dernit!

-Kimberly

remcv8
10-18-2005, 03:10 PM
As soon as I started posting, it all went to hell. I figured that there was nobody involved in SD, or just too busy.

Anyway, cool to see this up today.

zenfull
11-02-2005, 03:02 AM
Well I know from my end I am pretty busy, but I graduate with my bachelors this january and things will be going good though it looks like I will be moving up to Irvine or around that area to work for Blizzard, only as an entry level position but thats one of the best ways to get into Blizzard from what they have said. I would like to try and get together with those of us here from San Diego and try to do something one of these weekends soon!

Kimberly

chadtheartist
11-02-2005, 03:32 AM
So what all do these chapters do? Gather round and drink sodas while double dipping the nacho cheese dip? If so... I'm in! LOL

Seriously though. I'd be up for a meet and greet.

zenfull
11-02-2005, 03:58 AM
:bounce: Okay now I am happy, there is another! Whoo hooo... And the two we had before were already around, so welcome aboard Chad! I am so looking forwards to something, so heres the question, if we were to do some sort of event, where would you all like to meet? Coffee? Pizza place? A gaming arcade? :D Well either way, everyone let me know, and maybe we can work something out, try to piece together an event for the lot of us to go meet with one another. Also the next question, where in San Diego would we all like to meet? Down Town? La Mesa? North County? East County?

Ill keep an eye out for your ideas and try to pick a venue for us to hang out at.

Kimberly

Ls3D
11-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Well the SD 3DS Max group meets tonight (http://www.imperatives.com/templates/User_Groups_3.htm), and there are always a few nerds up for beers (http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?&addr=9675+Scranton+Road&csz=Sorrento+Mesa%2C+CA+92121) and eats after.

-S

remcv8
11-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Just saw this on the CGN homepage:

http://www.alias.com/eng/about/events/3december/san_diego.shtml

I registered, but don't have any solid works to present. I just want to meet some folks and check out their work.

Wonder if you guys are going there???

zenfull
11-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Ooo Ill check into that and see if its got anything that would be good for me, would be a good chance to meet those from the society too.

zenfull
12-08-2005, 04:12 AM
Hey! I am just checking in, seeing if anyone wants to maybe work together to create an event for us to meet, chat, and talk about various things CG! Let me know!

remcv8
12-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Would seem dead to you now, seeing how late I am in posting.

I definately need to hook up with some peops to get ideas. I'm currently not in school and am not working in any graphics field at the moment, so I feel like I need some influence and motivation.

Where and when? What kind of project do you have in mind?

I've always wanted to join in on a project to see how it would turn out. It can't be like playing in a band, where everyone seems to have a huge ego, at least I hope not.

Baldo
12-25-2005, 08:05 AM
If you guys get something together or plan on getting together, I would enjoy meeting up sometime, but I can be on a tight schedule so it might be a bit tough for me. :thumbsup:

Ls3D
12-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Hey Tom welcome to the zine!

So what is your application(s) of choice?

I'm a long time 3DS guy.

-Shea

Baldo
12-27-2005, 05:31 PM
I've been using max for a while now but I wouldn't mind trying out maya to see how I like it, and recently I gave zbrush a try which is completely different compared to max but so far it is simple to use and has some tools which max can't compare with :)

[edit]

Left out Blender, I haven't done any projects with it before but I experiment with it

argyre
01-25-2006, 04:34 AM
Hi There San Diego CG Members!

Ls3D
01-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey Jonathan,

Good to see more artist representing the SD zine.

Let us know when you finish that beemer!

-Shea

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2006, 12:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.