PDA

View Full Version : painter vs. photoshop zoom

gabeg
10-12-2005, 09:54 PM
I recently bought a cintiq 21 and wanted to start my drawings on the tablet in painter instead of scanning in the drawing from paper. The problem is that I work in large size files for print and this causes me to work zoomed out to around 25% if I want to see the whole picture. In photoshop for ex 25,50,100% display the image without any inacuracy or shifted pixels, but in painter it seems to only look good "accurate" at 100%. I never noticed this as much before in painter because i would already have a scanned in drawing to work with. From my experience this problem shows up more when doing line work or any kind of detail. Painting broad to medium stroke doesnt seem to show flaws as much. Anyone else having a similair problem or know of a solution?

Thanks

pushav
10-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Normally I sketch at like 66 or less percent in both programs whenever I do a digital drawing. The only bad thing about digtal drawing is that it takes longer than drawing it traditionally and haveing to zoom in and out makes it frustrating at times. I saw sketch zoom out first then when you are satisfied zoom in and detail it up. Painter is different from photoshop's zoom at times and the brush and layer opacites. I hope this helps.

Art2
10-13-2005, 07:06 AM
In photoshop for ex 25,50,100% display the image without any inacuracy or shifted pixels, but in painter it seems to only look good "accurate" at 100%.

It would be great if the image would be anti-aliased at 50% just like in Photoshop.
Let's hope it's a feature in PainterX...

jud
10-13-2005, 01:13 PM
I too have noticed the quality of the image degrading when zooming in and out, especially when zooming out after painting lots of fine lines and when you zoom out they look like a weave or like they are interlaced or something.
Corel paint shop pro IX has a "zoom/ Re-scaling quality" slider that applies resampling when you zoom in or out and it works well for painting and drawing, maybe someting like this could be used in painter IX, im not sure how it would work in painter as the pixels and rendering in painter is a bit different to paint shop pro, but it would be worth looking into.

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2005, 01:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.