PDA

View Full Version : Help - lost my custom gradients in IX

seppi
10-12-2005, 06:38 PM
After a crash my next startup had no gradients nor weaves (the selector was gray and empty) - when I got the gradients to load with subsequent startups only the default gradients appear.

Is it possible to reclaim my created gradients?
Where is such info kept?

thanks!

Jinbrown
10-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Hi,

If you created a custom Gradients library with your custom Gradients in it, the custom library should be found wherever you saved it, for instance, in the Painter IX main application/program folder.

If you restored Painter IX to its installed state without having saved your custom Gradients in a custom Gradients library, the default Gradients library is also restored to its installed state and I guess you'll need to recreate them.

To create a custom Gradients library, open the Gradients menu and choose Gradient Mover. At the bottom of the right panel, click the New button and name your new custom Gradients library, then drag your custom Gradients icons from the left panel into the right panel. (You'll need to drag at least one Gradient icon into the right panel in order to complete creation of your custom Gradients library.)

When you have all of your custom Gradients icons in the right panel, click the Close button to close your custom Gradients library, then click the Quit button to close the Gradients Mover dialog box.

To load your custom Gradients library, open the Gradients menu and choose Open Library. Navigate to your custom Gradients file, highlight it, then click the Open button.

To load the default Gradients library again, open the Gradients menu, choose Open Library, and in the Painter IX main application/program folder, highlight Painter.PRE (Windows) or Painter Presets (Mac), then click the Open button.

seppi
10-13-2005, 06:12 PM
aaaa...

I, unfortunately, did not create a library and my Painter.PRE got corrupted from the crash and my backup did not have my created gradients... off to create a Library....

Thank You Jin!

Jinbrown
10-14-2005, 05:27 AM
You're welcome, seppi.

It's tough learning things the hard way, and we all do.

The good side of that experience is we aren't so likely to forget the lesson.

Happy Library Making! ;)

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2005, 05:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.