PDA

View Full Version : C4D and Fusion 5

zuraq
10-12-2005, 11:12 AM
My question is - are c4d and fusion 5 compatible, and what format the fusion app needs, and can deliver, because i cant seem to get info about this, so if someone can help with this ill be happy.

taxidriver
10-12-2005, 11:29 AM
This is something a lot of people would like to see ... and I suppose now that Fusion 5 changed all their flows into ASCII format, it should be very easy.

Maybe someone will create a simple converter (some text parsing should be enough) from AE-exported Cinema scene to DF? Does something like this exist already?

Otherwise we will have to wait for Maxon to provide support for F5 in the next version. I just hope that isn't the version where Jenna stops working ... that would be too ironic.

p.s. Come to think about it, since F5 supports FBX 3D Scenes, probably one could import camera data as well? I don't have F5 available at our school yet to test this...

duderender
10-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Compatible in what sense?

Fusion uses all the available formats C4D outputs. You can use the PSD, RPF etc and it loads fine. Somtimes you need to build the layers for each channel manually.

You need to be more specific. If its the 3D format issue, sorry then no its not. You will have to export as obj.

LW and XSI seem to play best with Fusion now.

williamsburroughs
10-13-2005, 03:51 AM
I think they want a C4D to DF5 flow exporter like we have for Shake, motion, AE and combustion. I know I've submitted it quite a few times.

Now that DF5 supports 3D geometry...well, things are gonna get sick sick sick. Eyeon rocks. Guess we'll see more and more Shake users hopping on the DF5 bandwagon soon. :)

hundredthirtyseven
10-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Fusion works with FBX quite well. DOF without exporting depth channel is not an issue anymore.

zuraq
10-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Duderender you said it suports most formats from c4d, but did you mean dxf format when you said it did not suport 3d format.
Ill by it no doubt about that, gona have some funtime with this app, mmm particle mayhem.
thanks for the info all of ya.

duderender
10-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Duderender you said it suports most formats from c4d, but did you mean dxf format when you said it did not suport 3d format.
Ill by it no doubt about that, gona have some funtime with this app, mmm particle mayhem.
thanks for the info all of ya.

Sorry, I meant 2D formats :P

3D formats would be obj and fbx.

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2005, 04:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.